Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to change your mind, but why? Only 0.7% of the US population is behind bars. Very few politicians are running on platforms that would help or harm prisoners much. Some people in prison spend a lot of time reading, and they are on average fairly close to the no-prison population in IQ. Due to being a captive audience, they may have spent more time analyzing the politicians than many out here in the free world.

Actually, the question is “why NOT?” not why?

Because they’re incarcerated. I’m all for giving them back the right to vote after paying the penalty. I feel it’s one of the right’s a person gives up when they are convicted of a crime. They aren’t allowed to drink in prison either, or smoke in most cases. Some are allowed “conjugal” visits, but not single guys who need a date.

I’d be more interested in making sure people outside of correctional institutions have easier access to vote.

I simply don't like his choices in ink. But seriously, not everyone in prison is like that dude. Large number in county lock-ups are much more regular folk.

You’re okay with his using a grinder on his victim’s head and putting cigarettes out in his ears?

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

It’s one of the things one gives up if they’re incarcerated, like taking a shit in private.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
You’re okay with his using a grinder on his victim’s head and putting cigarettes out in his ears?

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

It’s one of the things one gives up if they’re incarcerated, like taking a shit in private.
Ok, no violent felons.

I'm curious how a guy like that would vote, or make his selections. "Huh, looks like my last victim, they're in.":rolleyes:

You know what I’d rather see incarcerated folks get other than the right to vote?

Decent prices on commissary items. Ramen Noodles, $.25 at a store, $1.00 or more inside. Everything is at least 4-5 times the price it is outside.

That would kick the hell out of trading. Which leads to trouble.

I’ve been inside a half dozen institutions here (not as a tenant) and the one thing they try to enforce is a no trading/no gift policy.

The weakest enforcement is at the largest institutions, and you’re right about that in those places.

When that happened in the 2012 election, it wasn’t common knowledge to anyone (including Romney) that Russia was actively trying to influence the election. That happened in the next presidential election.
Dude, you're using the term 'common knowledge' because it was, and still is, repeatedly used as an emotional excuse to explain over the past 2+ yrs why *SHE* lost. (among countless other excuses)

It's common knowledge that the whole globe has had opinions given to US citizens about presidential candidates (& done their best to influence the US) since the beginning of the US. Propaganda. This is 8th grade history class stuff.

History isn't a talking point. It's just history.

What's "new" is the speed and volume of 'talking points' that can get to constituents. The influence and excuse making has been around forever.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Dude, you're using the term 'common knowledge' because it was, and still is, repeatedly used as an emotional excuse to explain over the past 2+ yrs why *SHE* lost. (among countless other excuses).

I haven’t heard one left leaning pundit say the Clinton lost because of the Russian involvement. The only people who say that are right wingers poking fun at the left.

I’ve been inside a half dozen institutions here (not as a tenant) and the one thing they try to enforce is a no trading/no gift policy.

The weakest enforcement is at the largest institutions, and you’re right about that in those places.
My previous wife was a sheriff's deputy, she said the trading of cigarettes led to a lot of fights. She was so glad when their smoking privileges ended. For all of them.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Actually, the question is “why NOT?” not why?

Because they’re incarcerated. I’m all for giving them back the right to vote after paying the penalty. I feel it’s one of the right’s a person gives up when they are convicted of a crime. They aren’t allowed to drink in prison either, or smoke in most cases. Some are allowed “conjugal” visits, but not single guys who need a date.

I’d be more interested in making sure people outside of correctional institutions have easier access to vote.
Yeah I'm good with that approach also. Seems fair.

hi guises, me again

what are your thoughts on Obama’s BFF running for office in 2020?

how many of y’all are crying about this and how many of y’all are happy about this (happy? do any americans actually know how to be happy ?)
How does he measure up to your Cheeto in Charge?

Joe Biden looks like a nice old rich white man who doesn’t grab wemenz by the pussy. i hope he wins

Status
Not open for further replies.