Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that were the only policy the guy had laid out, you might have a point.

But hey, get wrapped up in the 24H news cycle, if that's what blows your dress up.
It's not me. I'd vote for Bernie over Trump. You know how this works though. He get hammered over it, regardless of what else he lays out.

It's not me. I'd vote for Bernie over Trump. You know how this works though. He get hammered over it, regardless of what else he lays out.
"It's not me" says the guy who posted 8 times about how disenfranchisement is a huge issue that's going to "cost bernie votes".

I'm not sure I care about who you'd vote for. After all, didn't you vote for Johnson last time?

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
"It's not me" says the guy who posted 8 times about how disenfranchisement is a huge issue that's going to "cost bernie votes".

I'm not sure I care about who you'd vote for. After all, didn't you vote for Johnson last time?
Absolutely it would cost him votes. Again, this isn't your first election. You know that's the type of thing he'd get hammered on in a general election whether you agree with it or not. You can attack me all you want but you know it's true.

Yep, I rode the Johnson. Brony is still having a stroke over it in some third world country at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Absolutely it would cost him votes. Again, this isn't your first election. You know that's the type of thing he'd get hammered on in a general election whether you agree with it or not. You can attack me all you want but you know it's true.

Yep, I rode the Johnson. Brony is still having a stroke over it in some third world country at the moment.
I think policy is what we're supposed to use to determine who we vote for. I understand, based on your numerous posts on the issue, that the franchise is a big issue for you.

Surely, in our largely unregulated market of ideas (and copious candidates declared), there are many different policies and positions you could weigh, and determine who you would vote for, without all this needless hand-wringing about what might or might not hurt a particular candidate.

If you're really just trying to let us know that we shouldn't vote for Bernie, because he's in favor of restoring the franchise to convicted felons, well, I'm afraid you're at the wrong soirée, as we're pretty much capable of making our own minds up without you exclaiming about how many fingers we should be using to clutch the pearls.

I think policy is what we're supposed to use to determine who we vote for. I understand, based on your numerous posts on the issue, that the franchise is a big issue for you.

Surely, in our largely unregulated market of ideas (and copious candidates declared), there are many different policies and positions you could weigh, and determine who you would vote for, without all this needless hand-wringing about what might or might not hurt a particular candidate.

If you're really just trying to let us know that we shouldn't vote for Bernie, because he's in favor of restoring the franchise to convicted felons, well, I'm afraid you're at the wrong soirée, as we're pretty much capable of making our own minds up without you exclaiming about how many fingers we should be using to clutch the pearls.
I never said don't vote for Bernie. I said it's an issue he will get hammered on in a general election. Trump vs Bernie. Bernie would have my vote.

“Scrounging” for votes is only ok for the GOP to do.
I'm still struggling to find @yeppers point, though.

Either he thinks one of us has ol' Bern on speed dial (because he's too old to fuckin' text) and we should get him up to speed on this, or he's just handwringing the same shit that's been spin-cycled on the news shows as if anybody here gives a flying shit.

Either he thinks one of us has ol' Bern on speed dial (because he's too old to fuckin' text) and we should get him up to speed on this, or he's just handwringing the same shit that's been spin-cycled on the news shows as if anybody here gives a flying shit.
Watch out, he's gonna call you sarcastic soon.

I posted an article. People commented on it. I offered my opinion. Bernie championing the voting rights of people in prison for some pretty shitty crimes isn't going to be a popular position in a general election. I didn't think it was that hard to follow. My bad.

I cut my cable about three months ago. No "news shows" for me.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and nukes
I posted an article. People commented on it. I offered my opinion. Bernie championing the voting rights of people in prison for some pretty shitty crimes isn't going to be a popular position in a general election. I didn't think it was that hard to follow. My bad.

I cut my cable about three months ago. No "news shows" for me.
Great, you offered your opinion. That's certainly worth two drops of piss in the wind. Now you get to drop it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.