Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Bernie saying that those in jail should be able to vote going to scrounge him votes?
At the moment it would cost him votes in the general election. If it were to become legal? I could picture old Bern handing out cornbread in the chow line at Folsom Prison trying to get some votes.

At the moment it would cost him votes in the general election. If it were to become legal? I could picture old Bern handing out cornbread in the chow line at Folsom Prison trying to get some votes.
0.7% of the population. Even a senile geezer knows there would be little value in trying to get those votes. FFS

So he is actually trying to scrounge votes for his reelection. What a thoroughly sneaky old man.
I doubt he wins the nomination. He comes off as an angry old man. He's not running against one of the most unpopular candidates to ever seek the presidency this time around either. He has 19 other people to run against this time.

Campaigning for the rights of the worst .7% of our population to have a right to vote sounds like a winning formula to me.
It doesn't mean they will vote for him, just because he champions the idea of them getting the vote. Some of them may very well hate him. Lots of folks on both ends of the political spectrum in jail. And what makes you think they are the worst? Some are there for non-violent things like drug possession, embezzlement, thefts, prostitution,etc. They aren't the worst, they're only "the captured". The very worst are harder to corner. Some are unknown. :) = dead body

I doubt he wins the nomination. He comes off as an angry old man. He's not running against one of the most unpopular candidates to ever seek the presidency this time around either. He has 19 other people to run against this time.
I'm not saying he will either. All I'm trying to say is that you saying that the reason he's taking this position is "to scrounge votes" makes you sound either high as fuck or completely out of touch.

It doesn't mean they will vote for him, just because he champions the idea of them getting the vote. Some of them may very well hate him. Lots of folks on both ends of the political spectrum in jail. And what makes you think they are the worst? Some are there for non-violent things like drug possession, embezzlement, thefts, prostitution,etc. They aren't the worst, they're only "the captured". The very worst are harder to corner. Some are unknown. :) = dead body
What I mean is he will get KILLED in a general election championing that cause. I can see the campaign ads now...Bernie Sanders defending a child molester's right to vote and so on and so on.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I'm not saying he will either. All I'm trying to say is that you saying that the reason he's taking this position is "to scrounge votes" makes you sound either high as fuck or completely out of touch.
He can't scrounge votes from people who don't have to right to vote. I was being sarcastic.

What I mean is he will get KILLED in a general election championing that cause. I can see the campaign ads now...Bernie Sanders defending a child molester's right to vote and so on and so on.
I doubt Bernie is going to actually run. HE's too fucking old and he knows it. So he's taking hits for the team. 16 states allow felons to vote already. Many European countries the same. It's really just an old, draconian way to treat people, like stoning people for being gay or some shit.
I personally have no issue with a child molester voting, I just don't want anyone voting for a child molester.

If that were the only policy the guy had laid out, you might have a point.

But hey, get wrapped up in the 24H news cycle, if that's what blows your dress up.

Status
Not open for further replies.