Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you memo that to her?
from the article:​
“[T]here’s some things that we’re hearing today, there’s some themes we’ve got coming out, and especially when it comes to the VA, all I can think of is that classic refrain that my parents always told me growing up. Which is that, ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,'” she said last week in little-noticed comments made during a town hall event in New York City.​
She continued, saying (emphasis mine), “And — exactly, don’t fix it. And ... that is their opening approach that we have seen when it comes to privatization, is the idea that this thing that isn’t broken, this thing that provides the highest quality care to our veterans somehow needs to be fixed, optimized, tinkered with, until — until we don’t even recognize it anymore.”​

I did the underlining. . .

Yep, she's incorrect. Hopefully she's willing to accept new data and listen to people who have either had personal experiences, or more importantly read the studies that have been done that show serious problems. A true test of character is to see how someone responds to new information that contradicts what they previously believed.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and Amstel
I think depriving prisoners of anything other than physical freedom is wrong.

"I fucked up, now I'm stuck in this box eating bad food" is your punishment. Leave it at that. The goal isn't to beat the shit out of people.

"I fucked up, now I'm stuck in this box eating bad food" is your punishment. Leave it at that. The goal isn't to beat the shit out of people.
That last sentence tells me that you really don't understand the US.

vfhf5n0lk3u21.png

wow im shocked

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes

I think the Democratic candidates debating whether prisoners should have the right to vote isn't going to help them defeat Trump in 2020.

where do you come up with this claim?? Sounds like generically broad liberal talking points.

I listen to right wing radio a LOT. That’s where I hear it.

So interfering with our elections doesn't help russia geopolitically? That Romney was intentionally leaving out tactics that help russia geopolitically? Sounds like you're doing your best to dodge here.

When that happened in the 2012 election, it wasn’t common knowledge to anyone (including Romney) that Russia was actively trying to influence the election. That happened in the next presidential election.

rigged/influenced. Semantics

No, totally different meanings. Rigged is making adjustments to the system and mechanisms involved, influencing is what one does to minds.

Dude, I get that it's been a rough week for hardcore liberals, but your points sound like CNN trying to dispute reality. There's a reason their already low viewership is dropping like a rock.

Which is also straight from RW media. CNN (as far as I know) is international and multi-platformed, and has a lot of viewers that get it in other ways that aren’t cable TV.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I think the Democratic candidates debating whether prisoners should have the right to vote isn't going to help them defeat Trump in 2020.
Energizing people who will actually vote, and do groundwork, for you while possibly grabbing some nonvoters seems a better strategy than chasing down crypto-Republicans.

I know I’m going against the grain, but I don’t think people in jail should be allowed to vote. I don’t want them pampered either, but voting? Nope.
Not trying to change your mind, but why? Only 0.7% of the US population is behind bars. Very few politicians are running on platforms that would help or harm prisoners much. Some people in prison spend a lot of time reading, and they are on average fairly close to the no-prison population in IQ. Due to being a captive audience, they may have spent more time analyzing the politicians than many out here in the free world.

• Gravy
Reactions: Lambie and OOD
Status
Not open for further replies.