Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go45gTKeiKz2gKv83czRu1CKzDeCPAKjhw5JSbGp76U.png

“At least 120 people have been killed by alleged Fulani militant attacks since February in the Kaduna state of Nigeria with the latest attacks on Monday resulting in the deaths of over 50 and the destruction of more than 140 homes,” the Post reported.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/...stroyed-by-nigeria-fulani-since-february.html

zero media coverage. hmm i wonder why
The Fulani are the ruling class. Yes, odd that conservative media HERE wouldn't report that more, considering the Fulani are Muslim and the people they are killing are Christians. Someone needs to write Dr. Trump about this disparity - I elect you Wicks.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
Which ones are the supremacists? It's all so confusing.
Black supremacists killing other blacks who aren't as supreme I guess. Religion is only part of it - many of the Fuli are pastoralist(traveling herdsmen) and they have been getting pushed out of some of their lands, despite being a majority group. So yea, they are killing off the people in the way of their expansion. Sounds familiar - oh yeah, U.S. history.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Black supremacists killing other blacks who aren't as supreme I guess. Religion is only part of it - many of the Fuli are pastoralist(traveling herdsmen) and they have been getting pushed out of some of their lands, despite being a majority group. So yea, they are killing off the people in the way of their expansion. Sounds familiar - oh yeah, U.S. history.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

We're never more than one generation away from barbarism.

There's nothing new under the sun.

Etc., Etc.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

We're never more than one generation away from barbarism.

There's nothing new under the sun.

Etc., Etc.
I agree on the one generation away from barbarianism.
I disagree on the same-same. I have some hope that with a more complete flow of information between different people and parts of the world things will get incrementally better. As long as nobody sets off a nuclear device this place might actually turn the corner someday. Bob Seger sang "when they can vote, and end the war, they're much too busy putting locks upon the back door." I'm a little more optimistic than Bob.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I agree on the one generation away from barbarianism.
I disagree on the same-same. I have some hope that with a more complete flow of information between different people and parts of the world things will get incrementally better. As long as nobody sets off a nuclear device this place might actually turn the corner someday. Bob Seger sang "when they can vote, and end the war, they're much too busy putting locks upon the back door." I'm a little more optimistic than Bob.

We are getting better a little at a time if people can keep rolling with it. The generation between my parents and mine had mass marches, riots, violence, bombings, and even our own national guard killing our own people. The stuff going on nowdays is child's play by comparison. Each generation has gotten progressively better.

In a holistic overview of human civilization this progress is like flash in the pan recent though. By no means established or the new normal. Western civilization only got rid of slavery in the last century or two and it took a lot of blood to do it.
That stuff still happens in many parts of the world and has ever since groups of humans met and started laying their dicks on the table.

The other Dems are bashing that guy because he has more charm in his little finger than the rest of those sticks in the mud put together. If they were smart they'd back him and win, he has the personality to do it.

The other Dems are bashing that guy because he has more charm in his little finger than the rest of those sticks in the mud put together. If they were smart they'd back him and win, he has the personality to do it.
This may come as a shock but some people value things like good policy and vision for improving the country in their President, rather than voting for the flashiest used car salesman.

• Gravy
Reactions: Lambie
This may come as a shock but some people value things like good policy and vision for improving the country in their President, rather than voting for the flashiest used car salesman.
"Some" being they key word.

Half the country doesn't show up to vote in the first place and of those that do, few follow the daily minutae of politics like folks in this thread do. Most of what's talked about here won't be a factor in an election.
A lot of it really is "do I like this person?" and he's likeable. Tons of people down here liked him and couldn't even tell you why, he just made them feel good. That's worth at least as much as some policy stance and usually more.

Remember it's a popularity contest not unlike electing a prom queen or class president. The fact that Trump is in the Whitehouse alone should tell you it's not some intellectual debate over philosophies and ideas.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Amstel
It amazes me that he thinks he can thinly veil crimes and it magically makes them not crimes.
He's been getting away with it his entire life.

Elected Republicans are operating under some mixture of craven power-seeking and kompromat. Republican voters don't give a shit about anything other than being told their fears are rational, maintaining the status quo or making the country even more unjust, "winning", and never being forced to realize they've fallen for a blatant scam. Neither group would really care all that much if Trump just never relinquished power.

Establishment Democrats don't seem to recognize the magnitude of what they're up against. Large swaths of the populace are too propagandized into ignorance or struggling just to get by to contextualize what's happening. The Fourth Estate is in shambles, the best that corporate profit-driven media can muster is "Trump does a crime or abuses power, Dems say bad, GOP says not bad". That's not even getting into how destructive Fox News has been.

Yes, @HipHugHer, I'm (relatively) radical because I think the US should use its vast resources to improve the lives of as many people as possible (even yours!). The fault in your logic lies in thinking "violent = radical therefore radical = violent". The Las Vegas shooter was a boring-ass old white guy with no real agenda, just a shitload of guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.