Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
old men on the internet are showing me why a cum laude graduate in economics is wrong on....economics. take that, education!

THANK YOU

I don’t get that. Hatebox yesterday was all “AOC is a dumbass and Bernie is a Russian spy!” It happens here too. She has a degree in economics and she’s labeled “stupid”. Fuckin backwards-ass place.

to be fair your question was a complete misdirect from my point that uneducated people here are speaking as though they know best. it had nothing to do with equally educated people arguing over theory. but a good attempt.
No it is not a misdirect. If any real economists share the opinions of the facebook economists then its a wash no?

Move to NS.

Bought a house on 9.5 acres with a view of the ocean for $200K CAD, 20 minute drive from my job in Halifax.
this could be feasible for someone who does remote work or whatever and can still make big city wages, but isn't an average Joe who works in town going to make enough less that it offsets the relative affordability? or is Halifax big-city enough wage-wise? like, I have a shitty house 40+ minutes outside of Madison, and still have to commute to even be able to afford this ~120k USD mess, and if I worked more local there's no way I could swing it. is Halifax your Madison?

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
We've grown so much now if you go far enough out to find cheap/affordable land/house you'll either hope to find a job in one of those smaller towns out there or spend 2-3 hours a day in the car to come work here and get home. And that's if your affordable house is on the same side of town you work. Meaning work on the south side and live way out south. If you have to cross town to get to work you can add another hour each way to the commute.

No it is not a misdirect. If any real economists share the opinions of the facebook economists then its a wash no?

it's not a wash either way, it's just hilarious to me that uneducated men quoting the facebook news feed speak as though they are certainly more qualified than a young puerto rican woman who isn't part of their preferred party.

I'm not really here to take a side, even though I have one. I just thought it was a rather funny set of mental gymnastics going on in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.