Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of the jobs at this facility were going to be high tech jobs from what I've been reading. Could be wrong. Regardless, I don't see how this is a "win".
That was sarcasm. Agreed that it is not a win they are moving - because those 40k jobs are going to be somewhere and some community is going to benefit from it. Regardless of whether the employee treatment sucks or the pay is not that special.

Trump is working on lowering drug costs & using you guys as the example of "we should pay what they pay." Since the cost is the cost, & at the moment we're paying more, are you OK with pricing increases?

That’s what he says, but it’s not the true aim. Maybe you haven’t heard them, but the hatebox airs commercials all day urging folks to stand with Kevin McCarthy to RAISE prices on other countries, so they are paying the same as the US. They are totally in the pocket of big pharma.

The rotation of topics among hosts a few weeks ago also included the same topic. They don’t want to lower prices here, despite what Trump says (he’s so honest), they want to get more money from other countries for the pockets of the shareholders here.

The majority of the jobs at this facility were going to be high tech jobs from what I've been reading. Could be wrong. Regardless, I don't see how this is a "win".

They label it “high tech” but picking warehouse orders ain’t high anything, unless it’s after lunch.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
There's no way the majority of 40,000 jobs were going to be high tech.

Im also sceptical on the 40,000 jobs figure. That would fuck up traffic, and cost of living in that area.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Another thing that is overblown are all the numbers used in reporting. Most are based on “over the next ten years” but people think it’s all at once.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
There's no way the majority of 40,000 jobs were going to be high tech.

Im also sceptical on the 40,000 jobs figure. That would fuck up traffic, and cost of living in that area.
40,000 wasn't correct. I should have gone back and corrected it. The breakdown was 25,000 new jobs in addition to the 5000 current Amazon employees in the area bringing the total of Amazon employees in the state to 40,000.

The people in the area were complaining about the possibility of rent in the area skyrocketing because the majority of these jobs were going to be "high tech" and traffic concerns.

40,000 wasn't correct. I should have gone back and corrected it. The breakdown was 25,000 new jobs in addition to the 5000 current Amazon employees in the area bringing the total of Amazon employees in the state to 40,000.

The people in the area were complaining about the possibility of rent in the area skyrocketing because the majority of these jobs were going to be "high tech" and traffic concerns.

New maths

25 + 5 = 40

• Gravy

That exactly why a lot of cities didn’t want to bid. Everyone has seen the negative impact it’s had on the Seattle are.

Most all these cities that "compete" to have big corps. move there end up giving away so much in tax breaks and discounted utility cost and infrastructure building and a million other things it rarely works out well for anyone except the corporation and the politicians who gave them all that stuff. We do the same shit here.

It's a race to the bottom bidding war between cities to see who can hand out more corporate welfare.

• Gravy
Status
Not open for further replies.