Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
someday you'll grasp the reality of how politics actually works, and join us in the real world.....not live in the imaginary one you do, where you don't/can't even remember votes from 10 years ago.

I never mentioned the vote. I mentioned who wrote the bill, and added enough excess shit to it that it would pass. It had a hard time getting past the “progressive” wing of the Democratic Party.

I remember ten years ago. You remember what was peddled to you by whatever source (singular I guess) you chose to believe.

ONLY to those that didn't have healthcare

for the majority of americans, the ones who actually HAD healthcare, it was another complicated step in the wrong direction of the mass liberal agenda

I get it now. You are kind of an asshole. That’s okay. It takes all types.

all employed americans should pander to the ones who take the most out of the system, and put in the least

yay.....dems were making america great again before trump even coined the phrase

Tying healthcare to employment is also a disaster. It needs to be taken out of “benefit” packages.

And then Congress switched hands, and the Republicans had all the pandering, chest-beating votes they needed to simply do away with it....until they had to own those votes. Then they folded like the chickenshits they are.

Plenty of blame to go around. It's not a good guy vs. bad guy thing. More like a power structure vs. the rest of us thing.
that's not the point

go back to read, and then understand, the point of my posts.

I never mentioned the vote. I mentioned who wrote the bill, and added enough excess shit to it that it would pass. It had a hard time getting past the “progressive” wing of the Democratic Party.

I remember ten years ago. You remember what was peddled to you by whatever source (singular I guess) you chose to believe.
right right right...... newsflash: you can't change history just because you remember it a certain way.

P.S. - you claimed Obama penned the bill

now who do you want to say wrote it? let's see if you have something right in all of this.......

Huh? The house repeatedly passed legislation to repeal.

folded? Wrong-O.

& the senate came on board & lookit here
v

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/congress-send-obamacare-repeal-president-n491316

They passed it when they knew Obama wouldn't sign it. Then the latest deal after Trump was in there was some other bunch of changes or amendments or different bills or whatever.

Their voters sent them there to get rid of it.

One sentence:. "The affordable care act of 2010 is hereby repealed".
Vote yes and shit goes back to the way it was the day before it passed.
Then go about coming up with something that doesn't suck if that's what people want.

That's not what they did.

They passed it when they knew Obama wouldn't sign it. Then the latest deal after Trump was in there was some other bunch of changes or amendments or different bills or whatever.

Their voters sent them there to get rid of it.

One sentence:. "The affordable care act of 2010 is hereby repealed".
Vote yes and shit goes back to the way it was the day before it passed.
Then go about coming up with something that doesn't suck if that's what people want.

That's not what they did.
one word: recalls

that's what politicians on both sides of the fence fear

Tying healthcare to employment is also a disaster. It needs to be taken out of “benefit” packages.

I think it can be part of bene's, but shouldn't be totally different than the individual market. Like, it could be, 'we'll give you X toward whatever healthcare you choose,' instead of 'our healthcare insurance plan is. . . '

Right. My point was that Immi said 'when congress changed hands.' and that was long before Orange Man Bad was elected.

We always knew if it went to Obamas desk we'd need to overturn his veto and always knew we didn't have the votes to do it.

They didn't have veto-proof but they had majority and we're using it to grandstand under Obama. Then under Trump, who might've actually signed a repeal, it went to replace and then keep this but change that and blah blah blah and it still didn't happen.

Anyways, they were supposed to get rid of Obamacare. They didn't. The rest is just details.

They need to just scrap the whole damn works and start over, and NOT let insurance companies write the damn laws this time. Maybe try reading stuff before they vote on it too.

Maybe even, oh I don't know, consult some doctors and patients and nurses and accountants? Ya know, people who actually provide and receive healthcare?

Shocking concept, I know.

Insurance is one part of that. ONE.
Not the whole shebang.

And while we're at it, get all these damn drug ads off TV. That shit is ridiculous.

Oh, and Get Off My Lawn!

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Regular working class people used to be able to afford the lower, simple checkup and a prescription or something, end of healthcare on their own. Insurance was for more expensive things and unexpected things. People could get insurance for that stuff fairly affordably as well and the insurance companies still made out pretty good. Doctors lived in nice houses and drove nice cars too.

Need to see what let things work like that and get back to it. Stop the falling through the cracks and help people in some position they just can't get taken care of while keeping it so most people can handle the small stuff and the coverage for the big stuff.

Has to be a way. It's worked before.
People used to just write a check at the front counter even for having babies.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
They need to just scrap the whole damn works and start over, and NOT let insurance companies write the damn laws this time. Maybe try reading stuff before they vote on it too.

One of the things that was a great part of the older 'regulations' was, if you start work at some new company and they offered healthcare you had 60 days to jump on it with zero underwriting otherwise wait until some specified month annually when it was open enrollment. (this was long before obama.)

Also, an insurance co could deny specific pre-existing conditions, if you were coming from having no insurance (you could change ins co's without a pre-ex penalty) for only 12 mos at other times of the year if you signed up then. (if you were a family and one member had some issue and everyone else didn't you'd want to sign up so everyone else could get regular coverage.) BUT - after 12 mos, the pre-existing condition was covered.

These were to great regs for the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.