Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine the backlash if a private company had made the same mistake? the government would eat alive anyone involved. But since it's the government, it's ok? No. It's not.
For one, a private company couldn't give any voting rights, so you must be talking about some other similar mistake. For another, nothing would happen.

Equifax breached 143 million people's personal data. Literally nothing has happened to them.

This whole discussion sounds like a group of 1st graders that lost their first game of kickball.

"My team is righteous and true and your team is a bunch of cheaters!"

I expected better out of a group that is supposedly intelligent and educated but I guess I was wrong.
Whereas your comments are insightful and non-biased?

I doesn't matter. Errors like these happen all the time. 23000 still isn't that much. In fact it's nothing.

And if you are so worried about fuckery in elections, I'm sure you will be mad as hell when you finally hear about the voter oppression efforts happening all over the country.
You're pretty good at assuming wrong, aren't you?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
This whole discussion sounds like a group of 1st graders that lost their first game of kickball.

"My team is righteous and true and your team is a bunch of cheaters!"

I expected better out of a group that is supposedly intelligent and educated but I guess I was wrong.
Isn't that pretty much all internet arguments though? Why would this one be any different?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Don't be an idiot. Show me one US president, of any party or no party at all, that hasn't kissed Saudi ass.

That alone should show you what a shell game this is.

• Gravy
Don't be an idiot. Show me one US president, of any party or no party at all, that hasn't kissed Saudi ass.

That alone should show you what a shell game this is.
That post is not about the president kissing Saudi ass. If anything it's about his own personal gripe with khashoggi.

5rpbcg9pjus11.jpg

• Gravy
The most recent episode of American Experience is about the eugenics movement that took place in the late 19th and into the 20th centuries, and is still continuing today. It’s astonishing how the language used regarding immigration then is the same as what the current administration plus 1/2 the country uses now.

Some portions of eugenics are sensible but much of it is frickin scary.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
The most recent episode of American Experience is about the eugenics movement that took place in the late 19th and into the 20th centuries, and is still continuing today. It’s astonishing how the language used regarding immigration then is the same as what the current administration plus 1/2 the country uses now.

Some portions of eugenics are sensible but much of it is frickin scary.

Saw that there the other night.

The SO wasn't aware all that stuff went on. She was like :egads:

How easy is it to get a PO Box in a state that's different than the state you live in?

Because I would imagine it would be REALLY easy.

Registered to vote in two states.

And then, how easy would it be to have multiple PO Boxes in the same state?

Registered to vote multiple times in the same state.

There needs to be some kind of checks and balances system, and maybe the permanent address method is the wrong way to do it. But Having a voter registration that is absolute is fundamental to protecting the integrity of the votes. Otherwise Vladimir Olechenkov can be on a visitors visa, rent a PO Box and vote for Donald Trump in 2020.
I can’t vouch for your specifics but I’ve lived in slot of States and a PO Box address is not valid for voter registration. It’s the physical address on your ID. And regarding the PO Box I don’t think there is a limit or rule on how many and where. Since it’s not a legal form of address it doesn’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.