Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"​
Issac Asimov
Our language has changed too. How we speak isn't based in truthiness, but in exaggerations and fabrications, yet everyone knows everyone exaggerates and embellishes stories.

Kind of irritates me. Say what you mean, don't embellish to get attention.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and Duke
yet everyone knows everyone exaggerates and embellishes stories.

Kind of irritates me. Say what you mean, don't embellish to get attention.
I figure I bump into 8 solid fabrications a day here. Sometimes from the"smartest" people - like what, you think nobody else has Google? Sometimes die-hard intellectuals lie more than your average man/woman types. imo. I won't claim I have facts to back that up. ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and APRIL
She has more experience in that area than anyone who questioned Ford and all but one or two people here. I'll go with her assessment and I really couldn't care less if you or anyone else tries to twist that into a "bad thing".
Ford's interrogators and the members here have no bearing on whether or not Ford's claims are true, though. So why bring it up?

As for the second half of this post, 4-5 was a rough time for me.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and APRIL
I figure I bump into 8 solid fabrications a day here. Sometimes from the"smartest" people - like what, you think nobody else has Google?
Yes, it's quite groan-worthy. I'm guilty too and have been trying to be more cognizant of what I say.... but now no one listens to me because it's not exciting to hear without embellishing.

Hello?

Are there any horse socks?

Is anyone listening to me?

Yes, it's quite groan-worthy. I'm guilty too and have been trying to be more cognizant of what I say.... but now no one listens to me because it's not exciting to hear without embellishing.

Hello?

I hear you sister. But not super clearly - I am almost deaf on one side. Horse socks? Of course there are - the weather is getting cold and

Hello?

My kid has both horse socks, and bear socks. They're both excellent

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Uh wrong.
She can judge her claim just as everyone else in this country did. You just don't like the result, that's all this is about.
Uh wrong. People's opinions don't matter. I wanted a proper investigation done to find the truth, that's all I'm disappointed with.

Nikki Haley resigned.

Told Trumps dumb fucking face herself.

Then said it’s not because she’s running for president.

I hope she and Pence both run in 2020.

When I heard the announcement, my mind instantly went to “she’s primarying that POS if he makes it to term” then she said she wouldn’t be running.

My ass. She lies through her oversized teeth constantly and has for her entire career. If she doesn’t run in 2020, it’ll be because she got another gig that pays well enough to forget about running.

I wonder if she got tired of everyone laughing at her? She is the representative of this administration and we saw how they felt about Drumph last week.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
If she doesn’t run in 2020, it’ll be because she got another gig that pays well enough to forget about running.

That's actually the best theory I've heard so far is she did it for the money. Her and her hubby ain't exactly the most financially sound of the Swamp and the word is her resume will get her some top dollar position.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
That's actually the best theory I've heard so far is she did it for the money. Her and her hubby ain't exactly the most financially sound of the Swamp and the word is her resume will get her some top dollar position.

She likely networked her ass off and someone at the UN noticed how well she handled the embarrassment of representing this administration’s idea of the US and it’s relationship with the UN.

On the other hand, she is probably the best chance conservatives have at getting a woman elected as president. Lots of left-leaners voted for Trump because he was different. I can imagine they’d think lefty women would vote for her because of, woman.

I read somewhere legit that they have a bit of debt, like $50,0000 in credit cards. That and with two college age kids, time to cash in.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Status
Not open for further replies.