Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
y'know, just to make the multi-use path more safe for suburbanites to rollerblade on or whatever.
I'm certainly not saying they deserve to die for people to rollerblade. There should be accommodations for them, though I don't think it's the governments responsibility to house them all. The law is the law. No camping means no camping. That doesn't mean no camping if you can afford a place to live.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
In other words, the government has no place in executing their own people, telling them what they do and don't need and how they should go about obtaining their fortunes.

Sacrificing freedom for security has been the mentality of all past failed governments. And do you know how many governments have failed in the past? All of them.
Every empire dies. It doesn't matter what it is or how it runs. When people get sick of capitalism they'll revolt or changes will be made, allowing it only to keep the name and fade away from what it once truly was.

I'm certainly not saying they deserve to die for people to rollerblade. There should be accommodations for them, though I don't think it's the governments responsibility to house them all. The law is the law. No camping means no camping. That doesn't mean no camping if you can afford a place to live.
Hey y'all stop breaking this law now. Don't worry, we'll talk about how to help you later. Go die were we can't see or smell you. Thanks.

My point is, nobody needs a cadillac or a nicer home.

Got it. Yeah, I'm not down with rationing.

Nicer car, sure. Nicer home, why not? More $millions to stash? I have an issue with that.

People seem to forget out country’s fastest growth and brightest outlook was post WWII to the early ‘80s when tax rates on the top were pretty darn high (yet people still got rich and the already rich were getting richer), worker’s unions were active, not only in strengthening employment and wage growth for their members but for EVERY job, including non-union shops, and the income gap was like 300x narrower than it is now.

I have a homeless friend. He works full time in manufacturing (no, not hamburgers) yet can’t afford rent. Has lived in his car for almost a year. Doesn’t drink. No drug problem. The area I live in has laws that benefit landlords, stating that tenants must take home 3 times the amount of the rent, and if you have roommates, they must all meet that requirement.

Maybe if there were more unions and limits on how much the TOP can earn in relation to their employees, he’d make enough to rent a shitty apartment.

Nicer car, sure. Nicer home, why not? More $millions to stash? I have an issue with that.

People seem to forget out country’s fastest growth and brightest outlook was post WWII to the early ‘80s when tax rates on the top were pretty darn high (yet people still got rich and the already rich were getting richer), worker’s unions were active, not only in strengthening employment and wage growth for their members but for EVERY job, including non-union shops, and the income gap was like 300x narrower than it is now.

I have a homeless friend. He works full time in manufacturing (no, not hamburgers) yet can’t afford rent. Has lived in his car for almost a year. Doesn’t drink. No drug problem. The area I live in has laws that benefit landlords, stating that tenants must take home 3 times the amount of the rent, and if you have roommates, they must all meet that requirement.

Maybe if there were more unions and limits on how much the TOP can earn in relation to their employees, he’d make enough to rent a shitty apartment.
Sounds to me like he needs to live somewhere else.

Me and my wife make enough money to live relatively comfortably in SoCal, which is a relatively expensive place to live. It is too expensive for us to live a life we want to live and have plans to leave. We have the luxury to plan our migration, but in some cases, especially when everything you own is in your car, people should leave right now. In his case, moving 50 miles away and doing a similar job somewhere where rent is affordable might be the best move.

Sounds to me like he needs to live somewhere else.

Me and my wife make enough money to live relatively comfortably in SoCal, which is a relatively expensive place to live. It is too expensive for us to live a life we want to live and have plans to leave. We have the luxury to plan our migration, but in some cases, especially when everything you own is in your car, people should leave right now. In his case, moving 50 miles away and doing a similar job somewhere where rent is affordable might be the best move.

Sure sounds easy. I’m pretty sure that a guy who likely has a $1000 saved can relocate and find another job super easy too. Best case scenario, he moves (parks his car) 50 miles away and looks for work. Will someone hire him with no verifiable address? Gosh, I hope so. What if he finds no work for two weeks? Then no gasoline. No heat.

A guy pushing 60 years old with no address isn’t necessarily a quick hire. But I’m trying to see your point.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
We must also keep in mind that a lot of the mentally-challenged that should be institutionalized are in a different institution where the predominant apparel is jumpsuits.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I’ve frequented many institutions (on both sides of the glass) and the person that sticks in my head the most is a gal that thought she could find the right cinderblock to get out. She would spend all the time allowed out of her cell trying to find the loose block.

Her family made sure she’d commit enough crimes to be housed long-term. No kidding. They couldn’t afford a decent place for her and jail was kinder than any state-run facility for mental health.

Sure sounds easy. I’m pretty sure that a guy who likely has a $1000 saved can relocate and find another job super easy too. Best case scenario, he moves (parks his car) 50 miles away and looks for work. Will someone hire him with no verifiable address? Gosh, I hope so. What if he finds no work for two weeks? Then no gasoline. No heat.

A guy pushing 60 years old with no address isn’t necessarily a quick hire. But I’m trying to see your point.
It's relatively easy to find a job. The more picky he is, the harder it will be. There is absolutely nothing wrong with flipping burgers if it pays the bills. As long as he's of a sound mind, there's no reason that within 7 years he wouldn't have the skills to manage that place. At that point he has new doors that will open etc.

There are ways to make it happen. He's the deciding factor.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Status
Not open for further replies.