Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lest we forget, the homeless epidemic began when the mental institutions were closed.
So do you think we should open up more of them? How long would that take under our current system? There's no reason to have such a slow moving government. Not today, when we can communicate at the speed of light.

The best thing imo is to do it through taxes. But that would only work if we actually had any say in what the government does. We should be able to shutdown or modify a government program that isn't doing what it should be doing, year to year. The homeless won't be any better off through non profits. We can aleady help through non profits now. If that was going to work, it would already be working.

And the mentally that we already pay taxes so why should we do any more is crap and it proves there aren't enough people who actually care about the state of homelessness to do anything bout it. All people really want is for their city to be cleaned up. Most don't care one bit about the actual people. If they did it wouldn't be an issue.
Do you know why they don't care about the people? Who cares about them? No one in the community. There is no community. Not out here anyway.

Also, California pays what? the second highest tax rate in the country and we still have issues with this? When you take such a huge amount of money from the people and throw it around like a broken sprinkler, and nothing gets fixed, there's no point in continuing to monitor it. It's just lost money to the state. Who cares, right? People would pay more attention to the issues if they got to choose where their money went instead of having some lawmakers say we're going to budget $XX million dollars to this project. No one has any idea how much $12 million is and how it would be applied or what they could get vs what they would actually get for that. People can't even conceive of the amount of money spent by the government for all these social programs that people keep voting in. People don't donate because there's no sense of community and they're already getting raped by taxes in this state and can barely afford to live on their own.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and nukes
So do you think we should open up more of them? How long would that take under our current system? There's no reason to have such a slow moving government. Not today, when we can communicate at the speed of light.

checks and balances are sort of an important part of the government.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and Amstel
I'm guessing to take us off of our high horse and make us realize that we're just as vulnerable as the countries that we've been doing the same thing to for many many decades.
Nah man, that's the reason a grade school teacher does something.
"Glorious Komrade Putin! I have amazink plan to bring hated America to it's knees!"
"Da, go on."
"Ve spend millions ov rubles to wage multu-year campaign against American politiks. In the end zey vill elect fool!"
"Da!?! And we send in troops to take over??"
"Vat? No. Zey feel bad for doing this themselves..."
"... Go commit suicide, komrade."

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Nah man, that's the reason a grade school teacher does something.
"Glorious Komrade Putin! I have amazink plan to bring hated America to it's knees!"
"Da, go on."
"Ve spend millions ov rubles to wage multu-year campaign against American politiks. In the end zey vill elect fool!"
"Da!?! And we send in troops to take over??"
"Vat? No. Zey feel bad for doing this themselves..."
"... Go commit suicide, komrade."
:lol:

OK. I see your point.

More institutions?
Lol.
Get ready for a shock.
There are almost NO publicly funded mental health institutions in this country.

In order to restore mental health treatment back to 1980s levels, it would take trillions of dollars.
We don't have it.

Possible, but it seems like such a small goal for the time and energy.
Perhaps an attention diversion?

Get the American people talking about their own politics and they'll stay out of ours? Make the ADDmericans focus on their President and hate their counterparts simply for supporting something they oppose, create turmoil and hatred among them so they lose focus on the global politics and instead create a social civil war. We can go about doing our thing and they'll be too distracted to really care.

HkkO70q.jpg

Possible, but it seems like such a small goal for the time and energy.
I don't think they spent as much time and energy on this as we're giving them credit for.

For all the talk about how they "infiltrated" facebook and social media, i think it was less than a couple hundred bucks in FB advertising. What else did they do? I think they're wet behind the social media campaign just like our guys were. They just happen to exploit (a little) an avenue we missed.

I think they fuck with us where they can but since hillz lost for some weird reason (heavy sarcasm intended) it's ZOMG russia.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Perhaps the answer lies in medicine instead of simple institutions.
Medicine has grown by leaps and bounds.
Many of these homeless are medicated.
I have a friend who is schizophrenic. He is sometimes medicated, sometimes not.
He wanders the streets of waltham begging so he can boost the meds with vodka.
The meds aren't a multi tool. They don't perform the whole job to keep these people safe from themselves or keep us safe from them.

Do you know why they don't care about the people? Who cares about them? No one in the community. There is no community. Not out here anyway.

Also, California pays what? the second highest tax rate in the country and we still have issues with this? When you take such a huge amount of money from the people and throw it around like a broken sprinkler, and nothing gets fixed, there's no point in continuing to monitor it. It's just lost money to the state. Who cares, right? People would pay more attention to the issues if they got to choose where their money went instead of having some lawmakers say we're going to budget $XX million dollars to this project. No one has any idea how much $12 million is and how it would be applied or what they could get vs what they would actually get for that. People can't even conceive of the amount of money spent by the government for all these social programs that people keep voting in. People don't donate because there's no sense of community and they're already getting raped by taxes in this state and can barely afford to live on their own.

If there's no sense of community then it wouldn't get fixed through donations. If you want more tax money without hurting the average person then tax the extremely rich. If everyone had real equal political power the rich would not be able to be so rich. It will never get solved without redistribution of wealth.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
I don't think they spent as much time and energy on this as we're giving them credit for.

For all the talk about how they "infiltrated" facebook and social media, i think it was less than a couple hundred bucks in FB advertising. I think they're wet behind the social media campaign just like our guys were. They just happen to exploit (a little) an avenue we missed.

I think they fuck with us where they can but since hillz lost for some weird reason (heavy sarcasm intended) it's ZOMG russia.

Part of me still thinks it was 4chan, not russia. And they're too embarrassed that it worked to take credit.

Also, Hillary might have had something up her sleeve that was bad for Russia. She might have gone head first against them, so they made it seem like Trump was the better option for America, when the reality is that Trump was either in cahoots with Russia, or he simply would not be too involved with them int he long run.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Status
Not open for further replies.