Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
What 2018 or 2020 hopes do we have on the Democratic side? Who? Anyone?

Their entire strategy is "I'm not Trump".
They'll romanticize a "return to the goid old days", meaning pre-trump.

Seriously, the Democrat party needs some new blood. That's not me saying that. I hear it from a lot of people here from moderate/left leaning but centrist type folk all the way to the fringe left. They really don't like the situation and their old goats are preventing a change.

They'll likely win some stuff just for being anybody that's not Trump but it's really short-sighted. Unless they can come up with another Obama or some such charismatic younger person with enough appeal to break through the clutter, their long game pretty much comes down to waiting for the old guard to die off.

To add:. They also can't seem to figure out how left they want to be. Even after you disregard the fringe there are two huge and almost equally sized factions. One of them is your typical establishment status quo Democrat like everybody who voted Hillary for pres. and the other wants to turn us into Denmark. These two can't seem to agree on much outside of anything with a D next to it must be better than something with an R next to it. One of these has a lot more power and corporate backing than the other though.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and Peppers
The richies get all upset about these numbers :D

Flop is right on about how this all works. Yours is a more idealistic "the way it oughtta be" take on things, so you're kinda both right.

Some of this goes back to the same cultural decline stuff that is at the root of a lot of things. People not giving a shit about each other. Less personal communication. People not even knowing who their neighbors are. Being short-sighted and putting the almighty dollar above everything else. Get as much as you can as fast as you can and to hell with everybody else, I got mine.

what if ALL salaried people resigned, i know it wont happen but one can dream id like to see that one day
I’m trying to find the stats but the last I saw from DOL had salary workers around 42% of the workforce. The rest being broken up into hourly, seasonal, temp, and intern.

And just curious why would you like to see this? What result would you like to come from it?

I’m trying to find the stats but the last I saw from DOL had salary workers around 42% of the workforce. The rest being broken up into hourly, seasonal, temp, and intern.

And just curious why would you like to see this? What result would you like to come from it?
lets include hourly seasonal temp intern etc
just for the fuck of it, check out some reactions

I'm thinking a massive strike kind of deal. Collectively we hold the power to stop the machine and if you don't treat us better we will.

That many people can't even agree on ice cream let alone putting their livelihoods on the line.

I also find it weird that a lot of these employment/economy discussions end up boiling down to huge publicly traded companies and worker bee salaried/hourly employees. There is a fuckin huge amount of people that aren't in that pigeonhole. Privately owned businesses large, medium, and small. Subcontractors who have none of that "employee status" and basically handle things as little one-man micro businesses. The self-employed. Folks who for the most part work on commission. Etc. Etc. Everything don't boil down to wall st. and worker bees. There is a huge part of America that doesn't operate like that.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Well if all of the salary workers either resigned or went into a state they no longer had income then a large majority of the non salary jobs would go away as well.
hmm, interesting, ya eventually, i wasnt thinking that long term though, couple of days, basically everybody just goes fuck it were not working for a couple of days fuck the consequences

I'm thinking a massive strike kind of deal. Collectively we hold the power to stop the machine and if you don't treat us better we will.

That many people can't even agree on ice cream let alone putting their livelihoods on the line.

I also find it weird that a lot of these employment/economy discussions end up boiling down to huge publicly traded companies and worker bee salaried/hourly employees. There is a fuckin huge amount of people that aren't in that pigeonhole. Privately owned businesses large, medium, and small. Subcontractors who have none of that "employee status" and basically handle things as little one-man micro businesses. The self-employed. Folks who for the most part work on commission. Etc. Etc. Everything don't boil down to wall st. and worker bees. There is a huge part of America that doesn't operate like that.
na na na baba
fuck that strike shit, that means giving a fuck,
just dont go sit at home watch tv roll a j play with kids make food make a little love get down tonight
types
:p:D

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
hmm, interesting, ya eventually, i wasnt thinking that long term though, couple of days, basically everybody just goes fuck it were not working for a couple of days fuck the consequences

Some of us already do that regularly. :D

Doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and adi
Status
Not open for further replies.