Video Police officer punches woman for interfering in an arrest

I don't think he wanted to go to the ground with her. I do think he could of handled it better, but I think he was scared of being on the ground with the people around him in that area.

god bless you, internets

Cop_punches_woman907.gif

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23909611/detail.html

KIRO 7 found court records that show Levias (one in the blue) has been arrested for assaulting a police officer before. According to court documents, Levias kicked a King County Sheriff's deputy in the stomach while she resisted arrest at the Ruth Dykeman Center in Burien. She was living in the center last year in the care of Child Protective Services.

:lol:

What restraining hold would you use when there's a possibility of being jumped by 25 people?

He should have immobilized her and immediately had backup on the way due to the restless crowd and looked ready to kick anyone else ass before they thought of getting involved. Instead of looking like he was struggling with her. He looked inexperience and like he didn't know what he was doing so people questioned his authority. He was lucky it didn't escalate further.

My dad was a police detective before I was born and even now if I tried to grab him I'd end up on the floor wondering what happened detained in a heart beat and he's 64. I remember my dad demonstrating that to some of my sisters football friends back in high school. They called him Mr. Wallace when he wasn't even around after that.

lol It's just ingrained in him. He still puts off that authority vibe when he wants to and I've seen him grab control of situations buy just step in and acting like he's the one in charge and people respond before they even think to question it. That's how police should act in those situations. When they don't is when things get dangerous for everyone.

Taser or pepper spray would have made things worse with the crowd.

Last edited:
He should have immobilized her and immediately had backup on the way due to the restless crowd and looked ready to kick anyone else ass before they thought of getting involved. Instead of looking like he was struggling with her. He looked inexperience and like he didn't know what he was doing so people questioned his authority. He was lucky it didn't escalate further.

My dad was a police detective before I was born and even now if I tried to grab him I'd end up on the floor wondering what happened detained in a heart beat and he's 64. It's just ingrained in him. He still puts off that authority vibe when he wants to and I've seen him grab control of situations buy just step in and acting like he's the one in charge and people respond before they even think to question it. That's how police should act in those situations. When they don't is when things get dangerous for everyone.

Taser or pepper spray would have made things worse with the crowd.

I know that vibe very well. My dad was a drill sergeant as well as an Airborne Ranger

What restraining hold would you use when there's a possibility of being jumped by 25 people?

Wrist lock like I said before. Once you;ve got it, you can hold it with one hand. That gives you the ability to reach for your gun if need be.

Wrist lock like I said before. Once you;ve got it, you can hold it with one hand. That gives you the ability to reach for your gun if need be.

I agree. Once he had her in a wrist lock he should have called for backup and just leave his hand near his gun so people could see that he didn't need it but could access it if need be. People might have grumbled but they would have stayed the hell back because they felt he was in command of the situation. I dislike cops but totally feel like if they are going to do the job then do it right.

I might be wrong, but I don't think they teach some of this stuff for police training unfortunately. They teach takedowns to cuff them, but not one handed things to keep your arm free. Again, I might be mistaken. (SWAT doesn't count for this)

A lot of police departments are trained in Martial Arts. They mainly just train in joint manipulation. I believe it's not a requirement for all police departments, though it should be.

I agree. Once he had her in a wrist lock he should have called for backup and just leave his hand near his gun so people could see that he didn't need it but could access it if need be. People might have grumbled but they would have stayed the hell back because they felt he was in command of the situation. I dislike cops but totally feel like if they are going to do the job then do it right.

Personally, I would have slammed the chick face first into the hood of the car as soon as she resisted. Kinda like you mentioned, you establish dominance in this kind of situation, else if people think you are timid they could turn on you.

Personally, I would have slammed the chick face first into the hood of the car as soon as she resisted. Kinda like you mentioned, you establish dominance in this kind of situation, else if people think you are timid they could turn on you.

That's what he should of done. And you're right that could of ended way worse.