Hawt POGcast Radio

correct that the show is more about nerd culture but a discussion on IT has been one of the intended topics since the beginning. I don't want to do that too soon since the point of the show is to be more irreverent than discussing real world issues BUT since nerd culture is strongly tied in with the IT world it's still a good topic

there's a good discussion that can be had about the old school green gear comm and the shift to COTS products

I use Audacity to record, simple and free.

We use Google hangouts for the calls, there's an on air version that streams the call to a (private) YouTube channel, that way I have a raw feed I can use to sync the waveforms.

Some people dropped out because it was to too much work for them to record their own end of the call :iono:

I use Audacity to record, simple and free.

We use Google hangouts for the calls, there's an on air version that streams the call to a (private) YouTube channel, that way I have a raw feed I can use to sync the waveforms.

Some people dropped out because it was to too much work for them to record their own end of the call :iono:

Yeah I wasn't sure if you doing each recording and mixing it or just a single one.

I actually just learned (as in, ten minutes ago) about zencastr which apparently handles all of the recording for each participant and streams it to a dropbox account so I can edit them later. It's in beta but I may have to try that out

I thought about using the raw recordings but the audio quality is atrocious in hangouts and skype. Having each end recorded also allows me to edit out technical issues like if someone drops in the middle of a sentence or there's significant lag.

I actually just learned (as in, ten minutes ago) about zencastr which apparently handles all of the recording for each participant and streams it to a dropbox account so I can edit them later. It's in beta but I may have to try that out

I thought about using the raw recordings but the audio quality is atrocious in hangouts and skype. Having each end recorded also allows me to edit out technical issues like if someone drops in the middle of a sentence or there's significant lag.

Yeah anytime I've done it it's been local recordings starting with the old fashion clap so I can sync everything.