Please welcome Gina

I was born deaf and now have a cochlear implant that lets me hear. I go through sound exercises each day. They include everything from tones to music. :)
I can't even imagine life without music, much less sound. Is it weird now being able to hear? What do you think of it? Do you have any favorite bands yet? Do your other deaf friends turn their nose up at you now or are they accepting of it? Sorry if that's a lot of questions, but the usernamer should explain my noisiness. I studied acoustics extensively in college and took a special interest in psychoacoustics.

I think if I was going to add a new sense, I'd either want ESP or spidey sense. Both would be bitchin'.

Did you listen to me and check out John Williams and the other music I mentioned just before the implant?

What is your favorite hot sauce? Does your slanty eyed bitch like sriracha as much as you do?

So how long before you got your implant?

Before you did. Did you think in words? Or in pictures? This is kinda tripping me out and I'm pretty sure its because i'm on a LOT of cold medicine.

i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be much different. i mean i think visually/vocally(though that is a mind fuck in its own) but that isn't all there is to it. a lot of it is an abstract concept that my brain perceives. she obviously has learned a language, so logically she would think in that language though i guess it wouldn't be perceived the same way... umm... i don't know where i'm going with this.

i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be much different. i mean i think visually/vocally(though that is a mind fuck in its own) but that isn't all there is to it. a lot of it is an abstract concept that my brain perceives. she obviously has learned a language, so logically she would think in that language though i guess it wouldn't be perceived the same way... umm... i don't know where i'm going with this.

I wasn't asking how she thinks now.

Eh I feel way to icky to think right now.

Yeah I'm going to retract my question because it would really only apply before someone would learn to read. And I can't really remember that far back.

I wasn't asking how she thinks now.

Eh I feel way to icky to think right now.

Yeah I'm going to retract my question because it would really only apply before someone would learn to read. And I can't really remember that far back.
That's a wierd mish-mash of naïve realism (perceptual philosophy) and the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis (how you 'speak' effects how you think).

o_O We are so totally gonna be deleted.