Please welcome djduquet

I'm moving back to Michigan. The weather is great, the chicks are hot, but I don't like the company down here. A year of trying to find a good friend or someone who wasn't a shallow tool has been a let down. I'm leaving this plastic world to go back to my small college town. I miss friends and family.

I am also a hopeless romantic. Feel free to begin to make fun of me.

No need to make fun of you, we all feel your pain. Florida is a "smile, wave, stab you in the back" state that spends 90% of its time on its apperance. A good way to meet people is constantly staring in the mirror and then go out with that attitude, you will fit in perfectly. Either that or buy a really expensive car and drive up and down the beach for hours on end. Better yet, pop your collar and head out to ybor for the night :fly:

As for meeting "real" people, good luck, took me 15 years to meet the handful I can call friends. And btw, many of us live in Florida and post what we are doing on weekends, HIT US UP! :D

Hmm...interesting djduquet. I have met some amazing people since being in the Ft Lauderdale area. I have only been here since December and already I have made some pretty incredible friends. We are all transplants, which I am sure helps bind us.

I am sorry you have not met better people. They are out there and really not that hard to find, in my humble opinion.

Dream: When did you move???

Ontopic: duquet, I haven't read the thread, but you're in Lauderdale? Come on up and hang out with us some weekend bro!