please somebody shoot me i'm dying

FlamingGlory said:
Im figuring tomorrow it's going to be omg all I can hear is water.

Either way, after blowing out two eardrums from infections picked up from my hockey equipment I'm going to have to say cold provides relief. Warm is when you are trying to draw something out.
you probably didn't read my earlier posts but I've damaged my eardrums many times too - warm always worked for me, but I'm not totally understanding her issues anyway - with an outer ear infection I can't believe the pain is down to her eyes and jaw - that just screams inner ear infection

elpmis said:
you probably didn't read my earlier posts but I've damaged my eardrums many times too - warm always worked for me, but I'm not totally understanding her issues anyway - with an outer ear infection I can't believe the pain is down to her eyes and jaw - that just screams inner ear infection
Ah. I kinda browsed. We've been talking about this on IM for the past couple days and she just doesnt listen.

I'm a fan of mechanical solutions for ear infections. Mine was impacted for like two months and finally they just flushed it and I was in heaven.

I'm still trying to get over my sinus/respitory infection. I'm on antibotics, singular, and Albuterol. The last two are becuase I've been having problems breathing.

The doctor said I may be developing adult asthma. WTF. I was a stoner from 18 to 23 and didn't have any problems breathing. Of course I may have been too stoned to notice.

FlamingGlory said:
Ah. I kinda browsed. We've been talking about this on IM for the past couple days and she just doesnt listen.

I'm a fan of mechanical solutions for ear infections. Mine was impacted for like two months and finally they just flushed it and I was in heaven.
gotcha

FlamingGlory said:
I had that done once when I was 9-ish I think, most awful feeling ever at the time but I could hear like someone turned the world's volume to 11 afterwards

Not to mention the infections going away....

which brings me to another point...have any of you had your hearing checked? how do you go about doing so? can your regular doc do it, or is it more complicated?

Thorn Bird said:
which brings me to another point...have any of you had your hearing checked? how do you go about doing so? can your regular doc do it, or is it more complicated?
;) if you go see an ENT, it's part of the exam

zengirl said:
;) if you go see an ENT, it's part of the exam

oooooooooo. i'm soooo scared of having my ears cleaned, though. one time when i had strep throat, the doc got in my ear with what looked like a crochet hook. i bawled right there in public, it was sooooo bad. i'm scared to death of having that done again.

Thorn Bird said:
oooooooooo. i'm soooo scared of having my ears cleaned, though. one time when i had strep throat, the doc got in my ear with what looked like a crochet hook. i bawled right there in public, it was sooooo bad. i'm scared to death of having that done again.
Then tell them that... I didn't get my ears cleaned, he didn't even mention it. Doctors are people too, if you are scared or uneasy about any part of the exam or routine, just tell them, they'll either talk you through it or just not do it all together.

:heart:

i dont want my hearing checked anymore. it was cool when i was younger and had ear infections six times a year and could pound on a wall because i was in that much pain. but now that i have matured, i dont want to hear when you women are yelling at me and even if i do hear you, you can assume that i am ignoring you as a result of my bad hearing.

Thorn Bird said:
i think the doc thinks that because i can't hear out of this ear and the fact that i have such bad pain is due to inflammation in the ear.

i just tried to eat something for the first time today, and i noticed that every time i bite down, there's pressure in my jaw and ear.

i just don't know if this is getting worse or if i'm just being impatient. ear pain really freaks me out. :(

Oh I'm sorry Thorn - ear infections suck - almost as bad a tooth aches. My Mom said her mom used to but Brandy in her ear when she had an ear ache. I don't know about that one but I hope you get better quick.:heart:

Candy said:
Oh I'm sorry Thorn - ear infections suck - almost as bad a tooth aches. My Mom said her mom used to but Brandy in her ear when she had an ear ache. I don't know about that one but I hope you get better quick.:heart:

it does the same as vinegar or rubbing alcohol, dries out the ear. the alcoholics in my my family went straight to the moonshine.

toothaches...never had one. vodka kills everything(except russians), i dont think i have to worry about cavities, stds or necrosis til the second half of the 22nd century.