please somebody shoot me i'm dying

Thorn Bird said:
you ALSO told me that this feels like a hot iron on your brain, and i'm NOT about to put MORE pain on my brain. i'll just die.
No pain, no gain. Is there any crap in it, like when you move your head you hear water? If there is you could probably convince the doctor to flush it.

Other than that you could get wasted on cold medicine. Or try an ice pack on it.

Thorn Bird said:
i think the doc thinks that because i can't hear out of this ear and the fact that i have such bad pain is due to inflammation in the ear.

i just tried to eat something for the first time today, and i noticed that every time i bite down, there's pressure in my jaw and ear.

i just don't know if this is getting worse or if i'm just being impatient. ear pain really freaks me out. :(
you still haven't told me if you have any sinus congestion!

FlamingGlory said:
No pain, no gain. Is there any crap in it, like when you move your head you hear water? If there is you could probably convince the doctor to flush it.

Other than that you could get wasted on cold medicine. Or try an ice pack on it.

no, no gushy stuff in my ear that i can hear/tell. and i'm taking four advil on top of this darvocet and i still have pain. i don't think any cold medicine is going to help. :(

Thorn Bird said:
sorry, sorry! no, i don't have any congestion. no problems with throat, either.
okay then if you're having eye and cavity pain try clamping your nostrils close with your thumb and pointer finger and gentley blowing through your nose to stabilize pressue within your sinus cavities - sounds to me like there's a pressue issue on top of your ear infection

beyond that you need a warm compress on the ear

no steroids are needed for your ear canal, that would be more of an option for your sinus cavities if your ear infection was related to allergies, but this isn't

Nothing like a good, hard oral banging to solve any head/ear problems. Although it may cause problems with the throat which I see you don't currently have according to your last post.

Hope you feel better soon :heart:

elpmis said:
okay then if you're having eye and cavity pain try clamping your nostrils close with your thumb and pointer finger and gentley blowing through your nose to stabilize pressue within your sinus cavities - sounds to me like there's a pressue issue on top of your ear infection

beyond that you need a warm compress on the ear

no steroids are needed for your ear canal, that would be more of an option for your sinus cavities if your ear infection was related to allergies, but this isn't

oh, thankyouthankyou. i'm impressed with you right now. :p :heart:

is a warm compress on the ear going to bring out any of the medicine in my ear? does something like this go away fairly soon after getting antibiotics in it, do you think?

Thorn Bird said:
no, no gushy stuff in my ear that i can hear/tell. and i'm taking four advil on top of this darvocet and i still have pain. i don't think any cold medicine is going to help. :(
Ok, since he gave you drops it's probably an outer ear infection (which is wierd without drainage) so about all you can do is put something cool (like ice) against it. Wont solve it but it will feel better.

ERage said:
Nothing like a good, hard oral banging to solve any head/ear problems. Although it may cause problems with the throat which I see you don't currently have according to your last post.

Hope you feel better soon :heart:

at this point, if i knew that would help the pain, i'd do it. to anyone. ;) :D

FlamingGlory said:
Ok, since he gave you drops it's probably an outer ear infection (which is wierd without drainage) so about all you can do is put something cool (like ice) against it. Wont solve it but it will feel better.

:heart: can/should i alternate between hot and cold?

FlamingGlory said:
With all the pain she's suffereing in her face and jaw I think it's more than just an outer ear infection

she might have to actually get some oral antibiotics

oh ya and with ears you wanna go warm not cold, unless it has been punched

I got a horrible ear infection a while ago, and after several unsatisfactory doctor visits, an ENT gave me antibiotic ear drops and a steroid (prednisone) to help reduce the swelling and pressure. I felt better the next day. I understand your pain, it was unbearable for me. I can't imagine trying to take care of kids or do anything else while I was going through that. You have my sympathies. Go to an ENT if things don't improve today.

elpmis said:
With all the pain she's suffereing in her face and jaw I think it's more than just an outer ear infection

she might have to actually get some oral antibiotics

oh ya and with ears you wanna go warm not cold, unless it has been punched
Im figuring tomorrow it's going to be omg all I can hear is water.

Either way, after blowing out two eardrums from infections picked up from my hockey equipment I'm going to have to say cold provides relief. Warm is when you are trying to draw something out.

eileenbunny said:
I got a horrible ear infection a while ago, and after several unsatisfactory doctor visits, an ENT gave me antibiotic ear drops and a steroid (prednisone) to help reduce the swelling and pressure. I felt better the next day. I understand your pain, it was unbearable for me. I can't imagine trying to take care of kids or do anything else while I was going through that. You have my sympathies. Go to an ENT if things don't improve today.
it just sucks that ear nose and throat appointments usually take forever to get

edit: steroids for ears scare me

eileenbunny said:
Glad to hear you are feeling better :heart:
:lol: actually I'm back to where I was when you were in town but I'm just more used to it. I got 10x worse in the days after ya'll left.

:fly: