please help me!

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
i have a SEVERE crick in the neck...enough to get my ass to the doctor's today. i got skelaxin, a muscle relaxer, but it's not touching the pain, and i'm already taking 800mg of motrin. i have a heating pad, which seems to help, but does anyone have any good techniques/herbs that i can try? i'm so desperate...i'm still a mom, pain in the neck or not!

Do you think you did anything strenuous to cause the neck pain? Trip to the chiropractor if the pain doesn't go away after a few days?

i can't booze it till i'm done driving for the day, and i have to pick up the girl from school. i went to the doc's today and he said it was something, which equivalates to crick in the neck. :(

I know something herbal that would help your pain :p

But it sounds like a spinal thing, you can wait it out, penetrating heat helps as you've already found out...or a trip to the Chiropractor might be in order.

Probably you just need to relax, are you stressed out lately for any reason? Sometimes that can make these little aches really hard to get rid of.

Spange fucked you up!

he wishes. :fly:
I know something herbal that would help your pain :p

But it sounds like a spinal thing, you can wait it out, penetrating heat helps as you've already found out...or a trip to the Chiropractor might be in order.

Probably you just need to relax, are you stressed out lately for any reason? Sometimes that can make these little aches really hard to get rid of.

yeah, i thought about calling someone over about that. :fly:
i don't know how to relax...that's probably how i got into this. this pain woke me up this morning around 5, but it got worse and worse. the heating pad seems to be helping, but i can't just lie around all day. i have two kids that i can't pawn off to anyone.
I will massage you but we both have to be nude.

I WILL NOT EXPLAIN MY PROCESS.
no explanation needed. hold on...

ok, i'm ready for you. :pandora:

If someone breaks your arm, I guarantee you won't care about the pain in your neck.

i almost wish it were like that...i simply can't function without use of my neck, back, shoulders and arms. :( losing one arm is better than half my body.

I hope you're feeling better...

You should be using ice, not heat. Heat inflames the muscles and makes it worse. Try an ice pack for 10-20 minutes at a time and see if that helps

:heart: