play some BF2...now!

Drool-Boy said:
Ya thats the one I was on
What happens ifyou spawn on the carrier?
Then you HAVE to take either a plane or a zodiac to the shore...

What tripped me out is that in 42 and nam, the mouse was always inverted for the planes and helis (i think). But in this one they aren't. After crashing both a heli and a plane, I turned the invert on...

That map is the only map out right now.

I installed it finally last night when I was working on my bro in laws computer. Played mostly single player because his intarweb connection was saturated with downloads for an XP reinstall on his system.

Anyway, it looks pretty darn fun. Performance wise it ran good at medium detail for pretty much everything at 1024 on my 9800 pro. If I remember correctly the weapons in 1942 and vietnam had recoil, while it appears in this one the crosshairs widen, ala counterstrike, instead. The single player does include a nice voiceover tutorial for some of the basic features. I didn't get a chance to get airborne, but the ground vehicles seem to ride about the same. I couldn't figure out how to switch seats, though

fly said:
Seriously, is there a tutorial on this thing somewheres?

Play the single player and listen to the masculine, sexy voice tell you what to do. Or, when you buy the game, read the manual.

Drool, as your military advisor, I would recommend getting in the tanks, not under them :lol:
I was tired as hell and asleep on my couch by around 9:30 last night...I'll get on the genmay server tonight and see if some of us can meet up

anyone in? know the port number in case I'm too retarded to ascertain? (should be obvious if default)
be back in 5

I've been playing on the Strikeforce88 server all day. It doesn't have a time limit, which kicks ass.

edit: actually it seems lots of servers don't have limits anymore, but whatever.

Oh, and I suck donkey balls at flying planes and helicopters. I take off, veer sharply to one side and plow into the ground killing everyone onboard. :(

Last edited:
KNYTE said:

Uh.....don't know. I didn't write it down. Sorry.

If you go to strikeforce88.org you can probably find it if you don't want to just search through the list.

Last edited:
That Genmay server is pretty rad. They've got the weapons unlocked, no time limit...

I played an hour or so last night before bed and shot Akai with the .50 sniper from 250 meters.

I noticed W_a_W was logged in but didn't play. Apparently his wife stopped by the aircraft carrier unannounced and wouldn't let him leave.

Last edited: