play some BF2...now!

KNYTE said:
Although the foolish non-believers at [m] would tell you that I'm not a good commander/player, I really am quite gifted at destruction both digital and real-world.

Remind me not to sleep with your wife anymore.

fly said:
How does that work? Do you just pick a spot and fire?

Yeah pretty much, the key to arty is timing however. You have to set it off with enough lead time that it hits where the enemy is GOING to be, not where they currently are. I run scans/uav as quickly as I can when viewing the Command menu, track the enemy movements, try to guess where they're heading, then fire off the arty so it lands right as they get there.

You can also pretty easily guess which points the enemies are going to attack after a while. If one point has been yours for a while and no one is there defending it chances are someone is sneaking in, that kind of thing. If you play against the same people for extended periods you can start to work out thier individual patterns as well. Most people have their own "I like this spot because it has *vehicle, weapon, snipe spot, whatever* so I'll go cap it" mindset that once you start to recognize you just have arty or troops there waiting for them.

KNYTE said:
Although the foolish non-believers at [m] would tell you that I'm not a good commander/player, I really am quite gifted at destruction both digital and real-world. Plus I wear gloves when I destroy things, which gives me a +2 bonus against undead.

If I have the choice remind me to be on your team, both in game and in the real world.

smileynev said:
If I have the choice remind me to be on your team, both in game and in the real world.

:lol: fo sho, be glad to have someone who can run across the open fields so I can see where the sniper fire comes from. :fly:

In the middle of battle last night on a server I randomly asked "Where can a soldier go to take a huge crap around here?"

Some guy responds "The olive grove is where I usually go. But you're fair game once you pull your pants back up."

I say "Fair enough, nobody shoot me. Heading there now."

I go running across the open field by the 3 beach bases, and into the grove and crouch down by a tree. There were about 10 enemies nearby (2 beach CPs were controlled by them) and not one of them opened fire on me.

So I'm crouching there and crouching there, for a good 2 minutes, and I notice a helo hovering behind me to the right. The guy patiently waited for me to shit before blowing me up as I tried to sprint back across the beach plain. :fly:

Sarcasmo said:
In the middle of battle last night on a server I randomly asked "Where can a soldier go to take a huge crap around here?"

Some guy responds "The olive grove is where I usually go. But you're fair game once you pull your pants back up."

I go running across the open field by the 3 beach bases, and into the grove and crouch down by a tree. There were about 10 enemies nearby (2 beach CPs were controlled by them) and not one of them opened fire on me.

So I'm crouching there and crouching there, for a good 2 minutes, and I notice a helo hovering behind me to the right. The guy patiently waited for me to shit before blowing me up as I tried to sprint back across the beach plain. :fly:

:lol:

theacoustician said:
I guess this requires that I actually buy the game once I get a video card that supports it.

Your 8500 is supported.

theacoustician said:
I guess this requires that I actually buy the game once I get a video card that supports it.

You can get the game for free if you purchase a 6200 or a 6800 from Best Buy right now.

KNYTE said:
:lol: fo sho, be glad to have someone who can run across the open fields so I can see where the sniper fire comes from. :fly:

"Okay fatty, theres a McDonalds just on the other side of that Mosque. NOW GO!"

Sarcasmo said:

:lol:

Sarcasmo said:

NO WAY. HAHAHAHAHHAHA :cool:

Sarcasmo said:

I would've artied you into the dust and then had a good long laugh about it. :lol:

fly said:
NO WAY. HAHAHAHAHHAHA :cool:

I couldn't believe it. It was so ridiculous I laughed my ass off for a good 5 minutes. I was just being stupid because I was bored from everyone camping in their bases, and I assumed I'd die in 2 seconds, but they actually let me pretend I was shitting. I just wish squad leaders had little maps they could pull out and read, because that would've been even more awesome. Especially in the enemy helo's black-and-white t.v.-guided bomb display.