plans for the day?

M

Mondoz

Guest
why_ask_why said:
:lol:
how did you acquire said squirrel?

Breeders sell them.
If you get them when they're really young, they bond with their owner, and sees you as some kind of safe tree or something.
When he gets spooked, he runs to where I am, but he usually doesn't get too far away from me.
He's like a little kid like that. When he starts to wander away from me, he pauses, like he knows he's getting too far away, and he'll run back for a second, just to make sure he still knows where I am. Then he'll run back to where he was exploring.

In the wild, they live about two years.
In captivity, where they get all the nutrients they need, and don't have owls eating them, they can live up to about 15 years.
 
M

Mondoz

Guest
Coqui said:
:cool:

Well if I find any lying around, I'll be sure to PIF it your way.

You'd be surprised how far a few square inches of leather goes when making squirrel jackets.

One time, he caught a whole cow. He had new jackets every day for a year.
(Cows are very susceptible to dive bombings.)
 
G

generalcliche

Guest
Thats a unique pet. I don't think I've ever seen that before :cool:
 
M

Mondoz

Guest
CletusJones said:
cool squirrel. does he make a lot of noise?

Nope. Sometimes he makes a really quiet 'chirping' sound when he wants out of his cage.

When he runs in his wheel, that's about the only time he makes much noise, and that's just because the damn wheel is so noisy.
I'm trying to figure out how to put together some kind of electro-magnet super-silent zero friction running wheel.
 
M

Mondoz

Guest
generalcliche said:
Thats a unique pet. I don't think I've ever seen that before :cool:

I got him when I lived in an apartment, and I heard they made good apartment pets.
Lots of people get hamsters, but I hate those. I don't think they even realize that there's anything outside their cage, much less that there's someone taking care of them.

If I'm going to have the power of life-or-death over a pet, I want them to at least realize that I exist.

He's always excited to see me when I get home. :)
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,792
637
41
Marklar
239.55₥
Mondoz said:
I got him when I lived in an apartment, and I heard they made good apartment pets.
Lots of people get hamsters, but I hate those. I don't think they even realize that there's anything outside their cage, much less that there's someone taking care of them.

If I'm going to have the power of life-or-death over a pet, I want them to at least realize that I exist.

He's always excited to see me when I get home. :)
that's awesome. i need something that's excited to see me. emotionally shallow pets are great.

hey, i noticed that you posted the time in CST in another thread, where in the CST timezone are you?
 
M

Mondoz

Guest
CletusJones said:
that's awesome. i need something that's excited to see me. emotionally shallow pets are great.

hey, i noticed that you posted the time in CST in another thread, where in the CST timezone are you?

Houston.

W_A_W's favorite city. :D
 

Onnotangu

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
11,644
30
0
44
Detroit, MI USA
Marklar
0.00₥
need to go pick up dvds from a buddy, drop off a gallon of this Yoshida's sauce(best grilling sauce ever, and go see about helping people move, and then go see team america.
 
I

ieholly

Guest
i'm going to visit my parents for the weekend. my bf is coming with and i'm hiding all his "vote kerry" shirts while he is out. my dad will kick him out of the house if he shows up in one. which i guess could be pretty amusing.
 
M

Mondoz

Guest
It appears that today's plans are about to be suddenly interrupted by getting some lunch.

Apparently I'm starving, and was just notified about this moments ago.
Cleaning squirrel urine has a tendancy to suppress appetities, and it's suddenly re-asserted itself in all its glory.
 

Ryokurin

Erect Member
Oct 15, 2004
1,598
0
41
39
www.ryokurin.net
Marklar
0.00₥
Went to fry's to mess around today. just messing around. redid my htpc with mediacenter 2005 and tweaking it. probably go to the compound tonight as long as the people im going with dont bail.
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,792
637
41
Marklar
239.55₥
Mondoz said:
It appears that today's plans are about to be suddenly interrupted by getting some lunch.

Apparently I'm starving, and was just notified about this moments ago.
Cleaning squirrel urine has a tendancy to suppress appetities, and it's suddenly re-asserted itself in all its glory.
what was for lunch?

I had a toasted cheese samich and some homemade cream of chicken dumpling soup.
 
M

Mondoz

Guest
CletusJones said:
what was for lunch?

I had a toasted cheese samich and some homemade cream of chicken dumpling soup.
Jack-in-the-Box chicken cordon bleu sandwich.


Finally done with the squirrel cage. That ought to hold it for another couple of months... :)


Now to clean up the study before my company gets here...