Plans change...

InnerMuse

Flaccid Member
Greetings everyone. I got a call the other day from my mother. She informed me there was something screwy about the free trip to Cancun that was to be our family vacation. Apparently, they can't take us because the trip doesn't include a room for me and my brother. She told the agency they (my folks) would pay for the room, but the ppl giving them the tickets wouldn't have any of it. Maybe I'm not getting the full story. Has anyone been given the shaft by a company through a givaway promotion?

It's probably one of those timeshare sales weekends or something. They only have rooms for people who they're trying to use their high pressure sales pitches on. They won't give out an extra room because they save them for married couples who they target for the weekend long or week long sales pitch.

zengirl said:
It's probably one of those timeshare sales weekends or something. They only have rooms for people who they're trying to use their high pressure sales pitches on. They won't give out an extra room because they save them for married couples who they target for the weekend long or week long sales pitch.

I imagine so. I was looking forward to going out of the States for the first time in my life even if there was some lame-o sales pitch thing. Who's to say, I could have been topless and at the lecture. Mmmm... Give me a pina colada and a beach chair...:drool:

Your parents realized it would be uncomfortable to have sweaty, triple-x sex with you in the room or even next door, and now they're trying to graciously cover their asses.

So to speak.

There is no such thing as free, period.

Why just this weekend I had to service Kiwi several times just so I could play Godfather and Oblivion, for example.

there is certainly such thing as free. i take advantage of free all the time. you know those checks you get in the mail with your credit card statement? you cash the check, you are automatically enrolled in some club for a 30-day trial period, and unless you call to cancel, they charge your card the next month. i've gotten several hundred in cash that way. i always cancel, never had a problem.
i get magazines for free, compliments of credit cards. the catch? they automatically renew the subscription after a year. they always send you a reminder in the mail with a phone number on it...get that, cancel the subscription, voila.
i also send in any and all rebates. i get free stuff all the time. you just have to pay attention and know what you're doing.
i take advantage of every system that lets me. :)

InnerMuse said:
I imagine so. I was looking forward to going out of the States for the first time in my life even if there was some lame-o sales pitch thing. Who's to say, I could have been topless and at the lecture. Mmmm... Give me a pina colada and a beach chair...:drool:
You've my attention. Are you a Jimmy Buffett fan?

KNYTE said:
There is no such thing as free, period.

Why just this weekend I had to service Kiwi several times just so I could play Godfather and Oblivion, for example.
Win.

No, I don't think it sounds suspicious at all that your parents, at the last minute before a planned family vacation would leave you and your brother behind, because of a problem with the company giving them the vacation, even though they offered to pay for it out of their own pocket. What sounds illegitimate about that?

Valve1138 said:
in nine months expect a new sibling. :fly:

Bingo.

Thorn Bird said:
there is certainly such thing as free. i take advantage of free all the time. you know those checks you get in the mail with your credit card statement? you cash the check, you are automatically enrolled in some club for a 30-day trial period, and unless you call to cancel, they charge your card the next month. i've gotten several hundred in cash that way. i always cancel, never had a problem.
i get magazines for free, compliments of credit cards. the catch? they automatically renew the subscription after a year. they always send you a reminder in the mail with a phone number on it...get that, cancel the subscription, voila.
i also send in any and all rebates. i get free stuff all the time. you just have to pay attention and know what you're doing.
i take advantage of every system that lets me. :)

I am intrigued by this credit card/check process that up until now I did not know existed.

Sarcasmo said:

:rolleyes:

My play time has dropped by more than half since I "retired", quiting completely isn't realistic, nor did I ever think I would stop playing games entirely. I just wanted to stop living on online games and spend more time in the same room as Kimie and Haylee, which is what I've been doing.

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
My play time has dropped by more than half since I "retired", quiting completely isn't realistic, nor did I ever think I would stop playing games entirely. I just wanted to stop living on online games and spend more time in the same room as Kimie and Haylee, which is what I've been doing.
HAHA I'M NOT ADDICTED I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WANT

That's what I said about sodomizing Snuggle bears 5 years ago