Pirates Beware: Soon Rifles That Kill from a Mile Away

I believe "one shot one kill" is the Navy SEAL mantra.
pfft no :p
The amazing think about the sniper shots on the pirates is the SEALs shot as accurately as they did against a moving target. I am not certain, but if they made the shot from a boat, then they had an unstable platform to shoot from as well

which is why the brought the distance to 30 yards instead of 100. that being said, still impressive shots

There was a Canadian sniper squad that worked with UN forces during the gulf war that I read about and the distances that those guys were successful from was insane.

http://www.riflebarrels.com/articles/50calibre/50sniping.htm

I've seen a few sniper school shows on TLC and the training the guys goes through is hardcore.
Sources told the Post that U.S. General Warren Edwards had already signed the recommendation for five Bronze Stars for the sniper teams, drawn from 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, last month.
:lol:

I am, but that's still not their motto. :p It's not anyone's official motto and it'd be tough to find the origin of that phrase.

And yes, we are a department of the US Navy

the men's department, am i rite

How is military life treating you Semper?

went on a 6-mile run this morning and we're taking a lunch break from a 4 hour exam. mississippi is boring but at least it's quiet (except the jets flying overhead)

can't wait to get out of here and to my unit, find out when we're operational and can deploy or when I can volunteer for one. Uncle Sam owes me back pay so I'm seeing first-hand just how thick the red tape can truly get.

I love getting paid to work out and learn stuff, I love the air wing and I'm one of the most squared-away motherfuckers in the command so all the important people from instructors on up like me. These kids still piss me off but once in a while they shut their mouths and listen to me. I'll be promoted in less than a month so they won't have a choice. ^_^

So far it's been pretty fun but I've only been stateside. I'll have a better understanding once I get a deployment under my belt, even if it's a WestPac (porting in hawaii, australia, singapore, thailand....oh man I can't wait)

went on a 6-mile run this morning and we're taking a lunch break from a 4 hour exam. mississippi is boring but at least it's quiet (except the jets flying overhead)

can't wait to get out of here and to my unit, find out when we're operational and can deploy or when I can volunteer for one. Uncle Sam owes me back pay so I'm seeing first-hand just how thick the red tape can truly get.

I love getting paid to work out and learn stuff, I love the air wing and I'm one of the most squared-away motherfuckers in the command so all the important people from instructors on up like me. These kids still piss me off but once in a while they shut their mouths and listen to me. I'll be promoted in less than a month so they won't have a choice. ^_^

So far it's been pretty fun but I've only been stateside. I'll have a better understanding once I get a deployment under my belt, even if it's a WestPac (porting in hawaii, australia, singapore, thailand....oh man I can't wait)

:heart: glad things are going well.