Pictures!

Findakáno said:
Understandable if Tolkien isn't your cup of tea. :cool:

I am starting to get interested in Tolkien, but so far I've only read the first LOTR book. I've heard people (including DW) say that the movies are different than the books, so I wanted to read one of the books before I see any of the movies. I might borrow the first one this weekend and watch it with the book close by for comparison.

JaymieT said:
I am starting to get interested in Tolkien, but so far I've only read the first LOTR book. I've heard people (including DW) say that the movies are different than the books, so I wanted to read one of the books before I see any of the movies. I might borrow the first one this weekend and watch it with the book close by for comparison.

I could go on a major rant on the differences between PJ's, Ralf Bakshi's, and the book it self. Tolkien wrote the book in six parts. LOTR was split into 3 "books" for two reasons. First was the paper shortage that followed WWII (Published 54-55). Secondly was the original publisher was afraid that people wouldn't buy such a big book so for marketing purposes it was split up.

JaymieT said:
I don't really lurk there very much. All I do is check once in a while to see what our mutual friend is up to, and now what you're up to :cool:

So you HAVE been checking up on me? I've been staying out of trouble, really I have :fly:

Findakáno said:
I could go on a major rant on the differences between PJ's, Ralf Bakshi's, and the book it self. Tolkien wrote the book in six parts. LOTR was split into 3 "books" for two reasons. First was the paper shortage that followed WWII (Published 54-55). Secondly was the original publisher was afraid that people wouldn't buy such a big book so for marketing purposes it was split up.

I'm seeing more and more of the differences in PJ's movies as I re-read the books, and I don't like it.

April23 said:
If thats so, cook me some dinner woman! :fly:
hheeheh actually I love cooking, and I always cook for a crowd. I just don't do dishes, so that's all you :p

DW said:
So you HAVE been checking up on me? I've been staying out of trouble, really I have :fly:

I'm seeing more and more of the differences in PJ's movies as I re-read the books, and I don't like it.
I have been reading those books at least once a year since 78 (JrHS). There times that I would love to use a rusty Bowie knife on his gut.
:mad:

Fat Burger said:
When are you going to visit Portland so you can hang out with Fuxx and Raven and I and other people and we can cook together and have wacky hijinx?
Raven?

/me steps into possible (non?)drama that i have no idea about..

Fat Burger said:
When are you going to visit Portland so you can hang out with Fuxx and Raven and I and other people and we can cook together and have wacky hijinx?

An excellent question...... I thought in the not too distant past there was mention of her coming through our way on whirlwind trip and she wanted to meet us for coffee. Could be I'm dreaming too.

Fat Burger said:
Actually Ryan and I are hoping to get to Seattle this year. ;) You better believe you'll be the first to know if that trip gets planned!