Pictures of stuff and things

Fat Burger

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Portland, OR
www.heartboxers.com
Marklar
₥0
Last night we had a big storm (by Portland standards). My roommate's mom called and told her to stay indoors ,and if a tornado started, to go into the basement. So she went upstairs to watch TV, and I went with my other two roommates to the highest hill in the city to get pictures. There was a crowd of maybe 200 people up there as well, lots with cameras. Clothes were soaked, umbrellas were turned inside out, and a fun time was had by all.

Anyway, I took pictures, I think they're kinda cool.

DSCF7438.jpg

DSCF7445.jpg

DSCF7448.jpg

DSCF7453.jpg

DSCF7455.jpg

DSCF7470.jpg

I love it in Texas when the entire sky turns pasty green. It's so eery because the wind dies down and everything is quiet, and gradually you hear the warning sirens go off one by one around the city but you still can't see anything.

Those are very cool and I would have been on that hill with you, I would love to opportunity to get pictures of a tornado (from a safe distance).

Fat Burger said:
There never was one. A tornado in Oregon is like an iceberg in a public library.

I could've gotten much better lightning pictures, but I didn't have my tripod
:(

Hey don't count it out completely, we had one go through downtown Salt Lake about 5 years ago (no one thought it would ever be possible either due to the fact that we are completely surrounded by mountains).

Pandora said:
Wow!! Those are amazing! The clouds never seem to look like that down here. :(

That's one nice thing about Oregon weather. You get amazing sunrises and sunsets. Sights like that are not uncommon at all. When I lived just over the border in Washington, I'd drive over the Columbia river, and get a view down the gorge towards Mt. Hood. At the right time of year, the sun would be rising just behind the mountain, turning it colors. It was amazing.

Fat Burger said:
That's one nice thing about Oregon weather. You get amazing sunrises and sunsets. Sights like that are not uncommon at all. When I lived just over the border in Washington, I'd drive over the Columbia river, and get a view down the gorge towards Mt. Hood. At the right time of year, the sun would be rising just behind the mountain, turning it colors. It was amazing.

If we make it up there this fall you have to take me there.

Fat Burger said:
We'll take you wherever you want to go.

Except Alaska, that's too far away.

But there are also great photo ops in Alaska. I would love to go back with my new camera, luckily I have family up there to crash with when I get around to it.

That was the coolest storm ever....... one flash of lightning was so close to us, it shook the windows in the car and we could smell it when we got out. Sounded like someone had popped off a stick of dynamite. It was cooooool :)

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Mr Dov, have you thought any more about my proposal for when I am in town in a few weeks :hi2u:

You, me, a 5 gallon bucket of extra virgin olive oil, vinyl sheets, my camcorder, and an extra long lunch?? THAT one? :confused:

:lol: