Pictures from North Korea

I visited the Soviet Union and it was almost identical. Weird practices, weird propaganda. Cops would stand in the road just like that girl with the uniform and the striped baton. They would flag people down and random by gesturing towards the car with the baton, which meant you had about 50 feet to stop by the side of the road or the KGB would arrest you and haul you away. If you stopped in time, the KGB would pull you out of your car and search it, and make you stand on the sidewalk needlessly (because they could) for two hours before getting back in their cars and driving away like nothing happened. Scary stuff. It's all about repression and forcing you to understand that they can do what they want when they want.

Awesome thread. I love stuff like this. Rated 73 out of 5.

Oh, and that hotel is fucking amazing. Too bad they never finished it.

Sarcasmo said:
If you stopped in time, the KGB would pull you out of your car and search it, and make you stand on the sidewalk needlessly (because they could) for two hours before getting back in their cars and driving away like nothing happened.

The cops will do this to you in America too. It's happened to me. If you don't agree to let them search they will just arrest you, impound the car, and do it anyway.

Regardless, NK looks like an awful place to me and I count my blessings every day that I like in such a great country.

I remember watching a documentary on NK where they were playing golf right next to a land mine field.