Pics PicSpam 2017 - The Blurry Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah!
cyp6raloym2imrttfwp1.jpg

That guy from Keisel explains it well, all the burled stuff is kind of a pain to work with even on basses .

That guy from Keisel explains it well, all the burled stuff is kind of a pain to work with even on basses .
I don't find burl or spalted wood attractive. Quilted maple was interesting until China started using thin veneer to copy the quality work American luthiers were doing.
Flame maple is awesome. Birdseye maple boards are awesome.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I don't find burl or spalted wood attractive. Quilted maple was interesting until China started using thin veneer to copy the quality work American luthiers were doing.
Flame maple yeah:drool: (necks) are my favourite, Ash body with the normal grain pattern, all quarter-sawn if there's a deal:lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I like wormy Maple.

IMG_20170519_185451.jpg

The beetle larvae leave a mineral trace in the wood that stains it, and leaves these neat patterns around the bore holes.

It's odd colored (usually green) and extraordinarily soft (for a hardwood).

Super easy to work, and looks decent painted, but bare it's kinda weird.
Cool thanks baba i kinda know they sound warmer and not as much sustain, but again diff instruments and too many design variables change tonality too.
Some of them look cool on guitars and basses though..

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Status
Not open for further replies.