pick a bike any bike

kiwi said:
Please keep these things to yourself. It's hard enough to keep him from buying a bike this time of year without comments like that.
my buddy has a 750, and leaves it with me when he goes out of town :D

it's a quick bike

Thorn Bird said:
well, we already know you fit in my lap quite nicely. i'll bet he can ride us both. :D

you two are going to get me in trouble with your husbands :hs:

aw fuck it, show me them :boobies: :fly:

stargirl.jpg

inline4 said:
LMFAO.. a shadow 750 to much bike for me?? My dad has the 750 Shadow.. most of hte people i've talked to and forums i've been on they say its a great starter bike that you won't get bored with to quickly.

all of these bikes have similiar displacement/power

The Shadow is a great starter bike. I started out on a 250 Rebel and it couldn't keep up with me. 750 is ideal. fyi, If it's the warranty that'll draw you in you could always get the extended. It's worth it. If you haven't already, you should go to some dealers and sit on the ones you're thinking about and see how they feel. Don't buy blindly.

inline4 said:
how about the vstar 650??

Vstar650.jpg

i can snag one for less then 6 OTD
I've heard that's an acceptable choice, as with all cruisers the drawbacks of that for a first bike are the weight and the tight turns at low speeds for the license tests

The weight you'll get used to fast, but take the MSF so you can do the test on them little 200's or 250's

Candy said:
They wouldn't even rent us a scooter in the keys - they didn't like my practice run in the parking lot :fly:

Anyway, I like the first two harleys.
We rented a scooter on Cayman Brac when we went earlier this year, my first time on one in 15 years probably :lol: it was WAY too light compared to my bike and I was wobbling like an idiot

I'm not going to tell you anything that the other motorcycle owners haven't already said.

Don't buy new, you will remember every nick/scratch/dent on your bike every time you sign the check to the lien holder.

Don't buy big, starting small will help you be a better rider.

Don't buy blind, you have no idea how that bike is going to feel until you have been on it.

Don't buy a sportster. They have a rigid motor mount, road/engine vibration transfers directly to your seat, making for an uncomfortable ride. Unless you're a chick.

I like the yamaha, it's equal to or lesser than the honda. Either one will be a good first bike (if you pick it up used).