Ontopic PICA has got to be a top 5 "most crazy" mental condition out there

Like it's so hard not to get super fat or something?

Kids shouldn't be overweight, they should be running all day long.
My nephew is 6 years old and 150 pounds. He eats and plays video games all day. The kids at school made fun of him so now he says "I'm not fat I'm fluffy" every chance he gets.

Kids should be running and playing all day, but when the parents can't be bothered you end up with little butter balls. Even sitting in the lobby of the dance studio my daughter attends, there are tons of fat kids. My kid is hands down the thinnest in the class. All the moms talk about is how they can't get their kids to eat anything besides McDonald's. They all say meals are the most stressful thing because the kids won't eat anything that's not fast food.

I feel that this is commonplace now. The number of fat kids I see has been increasing.

I heard something about a study on the radio the other day. We tend to think of obesity as being something more prevalent in poorly educated low class people but apparently it's the middle classes who are more likely to become obese. Not what i expected.

All the moms talk about is how they can't get their kids to eat anything besides McDonald's. They all say meals are the most stressful thing because the kids won't eat anything that's not fast food.

No balls parenting.

Guess what, it's not fucking rocket science that kids would choose candy over a healthy dinner. When the parents give in to the whining, it's the parents fault. Kids need empathetic discipline.

Countless times, I'd make a fine dinner that wasn't honey dipped chicken nuggets. If she picked at her food & said she was full, that was fine. She'd sit with us until everyone was done (don't get me started on the parents that pretend they can't get their kid to participate until the end of the meal), and I'd put her plate on the counter. And hour later, 'daddy, I'm hungry.' & poof, dinnerplate in microwave & the same dinner is ready again.

I lol when parents claim their kid won't eat.

You'd be surprised at how Teachers get that same kid to fully participate in school, setup, playing, and cleanup only to hear from the parents "boo hoo hoo, we can't get her to clean up anything . . . "

Empathetic discipline.

My nephew is 6 years old and 150 pounds. He eats and plays video games all day. The kids at school made fun of him so now he says "I'm not fat I'm fluffy" every chance he gets.

Kids should be running and playing all day, but when the parents can't be bothered you end up with little butter balls. Even sitting in the lobby of the dance studio my daughter attends, there are tons of fat kids. My kid is hands down the thinnest in the class. All the moms talk about is how they can't get their kids to eat anything besides McDonald's. They all say meals are the most stressful thing because the kids won't eat anything that's not fast food.

I feel that this is commonplace now. The number of fat kids I see has been increasing.

Exactly, it's the parent's fault.

150lbs... wtf... i barely 150 and I live off of wendy's, skittles, and dr. pepper.

My son's favorite place to eat out is a french restaurant that has a turkey and brie on a baguette. He will take that over Mac N Cheese any day.

5 years old but he's loved it since he was 4 years old.

Oh and he has a lower body fat than I do.

The only reason I ask is because I did think he was failry young. A not so wild guess is that, eventhough he's 5, he's probably - the majority of the time - a little gentleman in restaurants.

I brought my daughter everywhere when she was little & she was great in restaurants. I've got other parenting friends who are terrified of restaurants because of what their kids do. It boggles my mind.

I don't feed my son garbage. I have taught him since birth that fast food/junk food is NOT healthy. Period. He will say: I don't eat that stuff cuz it makes my tummy hurt"

I have taught him that broccoli, carrots, tofu etc is good stuff. He loves that shit cuz its pretty much all he knows.
He plays sports (soccer/ice skating/karate) to stay active.
He plays Skylanders video games 3x a week and that's just the schedule and routine I have him on, so he just follows it.
He plays outside ALL the time. Even in the Canadian winter.
We barely watch TV as we gave that up 2.5 yrs ago.
He is a healthy kid because of me.

All these obese kids out there make me sad cuz they are abused, by their lazy parents who can't be bother to do something as simple as FEED their kids healthy meals.

The only reason I ask is because I did think he was failry young. A not so wild guess is that, eventhough he's 5, he's probably - the majority of the time - a little gentleman in restaurants.

I brought my daughter everywhere when she was little & she was great in restaurants. I've got other parenting friends who are terrified of restaurants because of what their kids do. It boggles my mind.

He can last just over an hour in restaurants....after that, the most "issue" we get is him wanting to leave. But he's not rowdy or anything like that.

Now granted, he also loves him a Wendy's Junior Cheeseburger. But the french place is his favorite.

I have a very picky eater and one that eat's everything. The picky eater still gets offered the same food and I don't just buy him mcdonalds, even though I know he would eat it.

My son's favorite place to eat out is a french restaurant that has a turkey and brie on a baguette. He will take that over Mac N Cheese any day.

If you're ever in Atlanta there's a place in my building that serves that. Guy is fresh off the boat French and makes the most amazing breads and croissants. :drool: