Photo Managing Software

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
I'm looking for photo cataloging software like Picasa, iPhoto, Bridge etc.. That will allow you to print a contact sheet (thumbnails) with the descriptions on the same page. Anyone know of anything that will do that (under Windows)? I've searched all over and can't find anything that will do it.

BTW: this is for my father-in-law and anything too technical wouldn't be worth it. He's currently using Excel to catalog images so that he can print descriptions along with the pics. 70+ Excel files are gonna start being a problem.

picasa is fucking creepy

I installed it once and it started finding a lot of old pictures I didn't even know where on my hard drive :shady:

well, doesn't need to be too technical to use, it's just awfully technical to build.

edit: and some of the free ones, like gallery or coppermine might have the feature you're looking for.

Last edited:
picasa owns. my parents are techno-idiots and they had that stupidass kodak image thingy that was a huge resource hog constantly bogging down there comp. they had it for like 2 years... within a week of installing picasa they could do more in it than they ever could in kodak or adobe.

i don't know about adding captions and printing thumbnails with them though. although it's about the easiest program i've ever printed pictures with, lays out the page all nice and neat for you etc... very intuitive.

Last edited: