Photo blog

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,558
Just messing around with some different techniques I've been messing with. I won't bore you with the details, but I learned quite a bit and will do things a little different next time to hopefully get better results.

picture.php

picture.php

The second one is def closer to my desired end result, but I think I can combine elements of both and get one I really like.

holy shit that's awesome. AWESOME!! bore us with details!!!

Oh, the details are just boring technical things. I used a macro filter on a crappy lens (at 90mm) for the top shot. I was able to get closer which was nice, but the real positive about that shot, was getting the background flower (yes, that pink think in the water droplet is a flower) as close as possible to the water, that makes it appear much bigger in the drop. The bottom one was taken with my new lens on 200mm focal length, I didn't have the macro filter, so I had to stand much farther away, but the added focal length made up for it. Unfortunately, while I was playing with that lens, I had the flower too far away from the water droplet and switched lenses before moving it closer. Next time I try, I'll simply use the telephoto nicer lens with the flower as close to the drop as possible and see if I can get much better results. Also, neither are really in super sharp focus, which I will also need to work on.

i THOUGHT that was a flower!!! i would LOOOOOVE a copy of that last one for my wall...:heart: :cheeeseblinkblink:

Tell you what, when I get a really good one, I'll print you one. (You can't have one of those though, it really wouldn't look good big, it's amazing what you can get away with online that isn't good enough quality for the real world.)

Wow, very cool. I only skimmed it tonight, but I shall be looking more at that tomorrow when I have time. I would love to learn the skills to obtain those. I love the depth of color and the 3d feel you get.

Wow, very cool. I only skimmed it tonight, but I shall be looking more at that tomorrow when I have time. I would love to learn the skills to obtain those. I love the depth of color and the 3d feel you get.

I think it is neat, but many of the photog's on the web forums I frequent think it is a silly fad. Which it probably is, but for now it may prove useful in some situations.

I think it is neat, but many of the photog's on the web forums I frequent think it is a silly fad. Which it probably is, but for now it may prove useful in some situations.

I don't get why increasing the dynamic range is a fad. I would think its an advancement. I mean granted some people go overboard on it or execute it poorly, but overall, I think it just makes for more vivid photos.

I don't get why increasing the dynamic range is a fad. I would think its an advancement. I mean granted some people go overboard on it or execute it poorly, but overall, I think it just makes for more vivid photos.
I agree, it should be another tool in the camera bag.