^#@$@&% Phone companies

on the commercial side of things there is lots of competition around here. we get solicitations at the office all the time from regular phone companies to guys who want to sell us bandwidth and voip. not sure about residential service though. seems to be all southwesternbell... i mean, sbc... i mean at&t.

I've seen so much bullshit from phone companies, it's not even funny. The same kind of thing happened to my parents when I was 14. I listened to my dad call and try to correct it and I decided he was being a wuss. When he left I called them back and just yelled at whoever they put on the other end for 2-3 hours. We got all of our shit back the next day and 2 months free service.

Because of being fucked on various ends by Cingular, I've so far gotten $225 out of them for not suing and not pulling my extended family to another service. God the retail story from our last contract is epic. I had 2 new phones break on me in 3 days. Such utter pieces of shit. I spoke to 19 reps, 2 store manager, 3 salesmen and 4 floor managers, and I ended up angry at every goddamn one of them. Their company has the worst organization of anything I've ever seen.

Varies location to location. You and I are in major cities. He isn't.

well cingular did recently lease the old grain elevator down the street and made it into a cell tower. Pretty tacky to see cell relay things on top of a big ol concrete tower.

YES! This was the best phone call ever. Tuns out Cinn Bell wont be turning over my service to AT&T until Tuesday so i'll have to call them to get my service turned back on until then.

As for AT&T, for some reason they want to send a tech out. They will contact me tomorrow about it, and gave me their direct number incase they cant reach me. :tard:
i have no other number to reach me at and i didnt give them my work number. Jawsome! I just gave up didnt argue that point to the rep. Guess i'll have a working phone on Tuesday. blech.

jeez

I would call them back and bitch until I was blue in the face. No phone service because of their screwup? I'd be threatening Cinn Bell with some jihading.

YES! This was the best phone call ever. Tuns out Cinn Bell wont be turning over my service to AT&T until Tuesday so i'll have to call them to get my service turned back on until then.

As for AT&T, for some reason they want to send a tech out. They will contact me tomorrow about it, and gave me their direct number incase they cant reach me. :tard:
i have no other number to reach me at and i didnt give them my work number. Jawsome! I just gave up didnt argue that point to the rep. Guess i'll have a working phone on Tuesday. blech.

do you have highspeed internet that isn't DSL, or do you have Skinny DSL available to you? If so VOIP might be an option. I've been using VOIP for the last 3 years and it's great.

I told BellSouth to screw off 3 years ago and haven't looked back since.

fuck the telco's, get service from your cable provider or something. go voip.

i live in a large city so it's been cell phone only for me since i moved out of the parents house.

do you have highspeed internet that isn't DSL, or do you have Skinny DSL available to you? If so VOIP might be an option. I've been using VOIP for the last 3 years and it's great.

I told BellSouth to screw off 3 years ago and haven't looked back since.

I can get VOIP from time warner, but tish doesnt really want to go that route since the cable goes out more often than the phone (which is pretty much never). But she wants to make sure we have phone service in case of an emergency.

I can get VOIP from time warner, but tish doesnt really want to go that route since the cable goes out more often than the phone (which is pretty much never). But she wants to make sure we have phone service in case of an emergency.

A valid concern. It's not worth it if your cable service is too spotty.

If your cable goes out regularly, why don't you call them to fix it?

If your cable goes out regularly, why don't you call them to fix it?

it doesnt go out regularly. Its only gone out i think 2 times for a couple hours. But tish wants to be sure the phone will work in case of power outages or some other crazy disaster. (we've had a couple transformers blow up on their poles in this neighborhood). But never mind the fact our phones are cordless and rely on being plugged in to work. :p

But we do have an old phone that we keep around just in case.

it doesnt go out regularly. Its only gone out i think 2 times for a couple hours. But tish wants to be sure the phone will work in case of power outages or some other crazy disaster. (we've had a couple transformers blow up on their poles in this neighborhood). But never mind the fact our phones are cordless and rely on being plugged in to work. :p

But we do have an old phone that we keep around just in case.

In what time frame? I had issues with my cable Internet. I had free Internet for a year until they finally fixed it. (Would always go out in the evening (when they wouldn't come out) They redid the wiring across all the way down to the main receiver 4 blocks away to finally fix it)

:dunno: I've had more problems with land lines than my cell phone. Tmo rocks.

See, it really depends on where you are. I can't wait to get rid of Tmobile here. Their service does not work in my house. In fact, I'm not sure any service is reliable in my house. If I didn't have a land line I'd have to go stand in the parking lot every time I wanted to use my phone.

Solution:

122075rke.jpg

In what time frame? I had issues with my cable Internet. I had free Internet for a year until they finally fixed it. (Would always go out in the evening (when they wouldn't come out) They redid the wiring across all the way down to the main receiver 4 blocks away to finally fix it)

its been a while, but it was in the late afternoons i think. Its been a long while since its gone out.