Philosophy people...

wr3kt

Flaccid Member
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Maybe it's because I've been staring at math and engineering books for the past 3-4 years, but do philosphy theorists love to hear themselves talk?

I'm taking an "engineering and business ethics" class as a core class for school which is basically just an intro+ philosophy class. We've been discussing, lightly in terms of true philosphy majors, Kant, Rawls, Marx, et cetera...and reading some of their major principles.

It's all really annoying and interesting in that; one person comes up with something profound and writes endlessly about it...then someone else comes along and HAS to expound upon it...and then another person HAS to expound on that. When, if you really get down to it, they're just saying the same thing..over...and over...and over again. I appreciate the views that philosophers have to offer, but for the love of everything april...there is such a thing as an end of a thought.

So...people who studied philosphy more than I...am I just blowing this out of my ass or do I have some sort of fat-mexican-kid point?

To summarize:
difference.jpg

SpangeMonkee said:
philosophy is all about opinions.

you basically study everyone else's opinions, then make your own based on theirs. the sad part, is that you usually have to have the same opinions as the teacher or you fail.

Na, actually we have a cool prof that acknowledges that.

My problem is that philosphy writers, if you really just take out all the pretty words and lengthy sentences, say the same thing.
But they won't shut up.

Drool-Boy said:
Thats all philosophy is.
Talk.
Why do you think most philosophy majors work at barnes & nobles and run their mouths endlessly?

To score with emo-chics?

April23 said:
Listening to others being philsophical is something my attention span can not handle, I guess.

FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX

wr3kt said:
FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX FOOD SEX

That's about the only things that run through a fat chicks mind. :drool: