FYI Pewp in this thread when you're pewpin

You know how if you lose one of your senses the others become more acute to make up for it?
I'm hoping that's what happened to the next guy.
I wonder if that is just urban legand . . . from a summer I spent working with the blind, I assure you they haven't a clue that someone sees them jacking off. As long as nobody giggles.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I wonder if that is just urban legand . . . from a summer I spent working with the blind, I assure you they haven't a clue that someone sees them jacking off. As long as nobody giggles.

Idk. Saw a documentary once where this blind guy taught himself to make clicking sounds he could hear reflect off things. Knew if he was closer to the buildings or the street on a sidewalk for example. Even avoided walking into trashcans.

Most of us are so used to being dependent on sight we aren't aware of all the things we could accomplish with our other senses.

So much this!
Most of us are so used to being dependent on sight we aren't aware of all the things we could accomplish with our other senses.

& they're saying now with GPS people aren't even paying attention to their surroundings because "this thing" tells me left/right. . . so even going for a hike people are becoming less sure where they're ending up or know how to get back without some help. With today's ease and availability of electronic GPS there's almost zero need to have a sense of direction.

Idk. Saw a documentary once where this blind guy taught himself to make clicking sounds he could hear reflect off things. Knew if he was closer to the buildings or the street on a sidewalk for example. Even avoided walking into trashcans.

I've seen that video. But I don't know if many blind people are taught much beyond how to navigate with a stick. Had a blind friend who could take apart common mechanical items and put back together flawlessly. And fast!

• Gravy
So much this!

& they're saying now with GPS people aren't even paying attention to their surroundings because "this thing" tells me left/right. . . so even going for a hike people are becoming less sure where they're ending up or know how to get back without some help. With today's ease and availability of electronic GPS there's almost zero need to have a sense of direction.
My kids are amazed when I am like "fuck it, I am going to navigate by direction. THAT'S EAST!" My youngest was really good with maps when little but I fear she has lost that completely.

FUcking apocalypse movies and people traveling across the country. Most people would never make it out of town.

My kids are amazed when I am like "fuck it, I am going to navigate by direction. THAT'S EAST!" My youngest was really good with maps when little but I fear she has lost that completely.
There's apparently an "orienteering" subculture in horseback riding that the GF loves. So I'm going to give that a go with her and that group this spring.

Because I don't already have a reason to drink.

There's apparently an "orienteering" subculture in horseback riding that the GF loves. So I'm going to give that a go with her and that group this spring.

Because I don't already have a reason to drink.

That would be fun, for me anyway. Land nav is cool. Map&compass as well as just finding your way by terrain features.

Doing it at night is my weak suit. I can find big dipper, north star, and orion. Maybe a couple others but that's it lol. I suck at astrology.

I still don't use GPS. Don't even know what the coordinates are for my house. I'll use my phone to look up a map, but then just read the screen like a page in a map book. "Gonna exit 3rd street, go east 6 blocks, then turn south on maple street" or whatever.

#geezersrule

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Doing it at night is my weak suit. I can find big dipper, north star, and orion. Maybe a couple others but that's it lol. I suck at astrology.
Just blame it on global warming and pollution. City - no stars. 30 miles out - wow fuck, so many stars.

*Astronomy ;) I can pick out most of the constellations but only because my dad was into it. I'm not a fan.

• Gravy
I've seen that video. But I don't know if many blind people are taught much beyond how to navigate with a stick. Had a blind friend who could take apart common mechanical items and put back together flawlessly. And fast!

One of my CB radio conversation buddies in the early 80's was this blind Vietnam vet. His house looked like an electronics junkies paradise. Stuff was piled up in "weird" places and ways for a seeing person but he knew exactly where everything was. He was also into HAM and shortwave and all the radio stuff.

This guy could run cables and plug in all kinds of different shit and tweak a hundred different knobs and dials just by sound and feel. Didn't have any special knobs or detent pots or anything, just knew what all this shit felt and sounded like.

Could tell you if your SWR wasn't adjusted right or what was going on in the atmosphere just by how things sounded to him.

That was one cool dude.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and nukes
Just blame it on global warming and pollution. City - no stars. 30 miles out - wow fuck, so many stars.

*Astronomy ;) I can pick out most of the constellations but only because my dad was into it. I'm not a fan.

No, Astrology. Much like transformers, there's more than meets the eye.

There's a reason the highest intelligence beings (allegedly that's us humans though you wouldn't think so through objective observation. We best fit the definition of parasites) average gestation period is 10 lunar cycles and average menstration period is 1 lunar cycle instead of 9 Roman calendar months and 1 Roman calendar month respectively.

This 10x and 1/10 deal is also the basis for the metric system.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes