FYI Pewp in this thread when you're pewpin

so i had one 6 months ago and they found a ton of polyps that were cancerous BUT the real kicker was that i apparently woke up in the middle of the procedure and started screaming “ IM AWAKE GET IT OUT GET IT OUT”
so they have to finish the job but this time i will be under general anesthesia
girl.

wait, cancerous, or pre-cancerous? if it's the latter it might have been something like _________ adenoma, usually sessile serrated, tubular, or tubulovillous, and then hyperplastic are the most common benign ones (but they can also still be concerning if there's too many of them)

girl.

wait, cancerous, or pre-cancerous? if it's the latter it might have been something like _________ adenoma, usually sessile serrated, tubular, or tubulovillous, and then hyperplastic are the most common benign ones (but they can also still be concerning if there's too many of them)

hmm good question i don’t recall, my surgeon said “we removed the cancerous ones”
but i’ll double check with her today before the procedure

the concern is that there were too many for my YOUNG SUPPLE age
i’ll have more answers in a couple of weeks.

meanwhile omg i lost 3lbs last night thankyouverymuch

• Gravy
Reactions: august
hmm good question i don’t recall, my surgeon said “we removed the cancerous ones”
but i’ll double check with her today before the procedure

the concern is that there were too many for my YOUNG SUPPLE age
i’ll have more answers in a couple of weeks.

meanwhile omg i lost 3lbs last night thankyouverymuch
yeah you definitely wouldn't typically expect to see a fuckton of any type of polyp at your age.

it could be caused by something like Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP - I'm not trolling, it's the accepted acronym for it) or more likely the milder attenuated version (AFAP). if they suspect AFAP, there is genetic testing they can do that should identify whether you have that particular mutation or not. MUYTH-Associated Polyposis (MAP) is another genetic possibility they can test for. there may be more, and I'm not certain if you fit clinical diagnosis of either of the ones I mentioned enough to warrant the testing, but it's definitely concerning to have so many polyps of any type at your age, especially if some of them are adenomatous/pre-cancerous.

the good news is that even if you do end up having one of those, you can still have a good shot at staying on top of catching those rude little speed bumps for turds before they turn cancerous, but the bad news is the way you do that is frequent colonoscopies to monitor and remove them. depending on what (if anything) they identify as the cause, they may want to do esophagogastrosuodenoscopy as well.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
yeah you definitely wouldn't typically expect to see a fuckton of any type of polyp at your age.

it could be caused by something like Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP - I'm not trolling, it's the accepted acronym for it) or more likely the milder attenuated version (AFAP). if they suspect AFAP, there is genetic testing they can do that should identify whether you have that particular mutation or not. MUYTH-Associated Polyposis (MAP) is another genetic possibility they can test for. there may be more, and I'm not certain if you fit clinical diagnosis of either of the ones I mentioned enough to warrant the testing, but it's definitely concerning to have so many polyps of any type at your age, especially if some of them are adenomatous/pre-cancerous.

the good news is that even if you do end up having one of those, you can still have a good shot at staying on top of catching those rude little speed bumps for turds before they turn cancerous, but the bad news is the way you do that is frequent colonoscopies to monitor and remove them. depending on what (if anything) they identify as the cause, they may want to do esophagogastrosuodenoscopy as well.
or the years of laxative abuse.

sorry I know y'all are just being flippant & I'm being a party POOPER with these answers but I'm curious and concerned lol

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
elvis presley GIF by Maudit

thanks so much for this. you’re like the UF Doctor

so they removed 9 more and 6 months ago they removed 8 i think so that’s like 17 .. and they had to “clip” some which i assume were larger than the others or because there were so many maybe close together? so yeah i don’t know what any of this means but it can’t be the best news??
the surgeon DID mention this generic test you’re speaking of. not sure when this will happen but i’m assuming after the biopsy comes back.

i’ve had like 4 endoscopies and my last one was 6 months ago with the colonoscopy (spit roast baby!!)
that test was the first one that came back ok in years. remember my whole potato pregnancy issues .. and my ulcer that ruptured in 2017 (causing sepsis) and let’s throw in the diverticulitis episode from 15 months ago (causing sepsis)

i feel like this is going to be a lifetime of issues for me. le sigh

edit: plus lupus
yay

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: august
laxative abuse, especially non-fiber laxatives, are linked with lots of potential colon issues, but as far as I have seen there is no mechanism that would cause a high occurrence of polyps.
This. Not. Enough.Fiber. Recommended for USA is 28 grams/day. The average person only gets 12. Pro tip - try Inulin. Soft, white powder, made from the roots of a native Sunflower(Sun Chokes/ Artichokes of Jerusalem). Mixes into water instantly, doesn't become a nasty gel, tastes lightly sweet(it's basically a non-digestible sugar/polysaccharide), is gram for gram water-soluble fiber. Not roughage that tears you up.
**Pro Tip - take Inulin with a probiotic and help your intestinal bacteria make you some B-12. ;)

Last edited: