Pics Pets (not books)

I'm gonna laugh when everyone in Carys' house (including the dog) comes down with Salmonella or god knows what else. Her fridge will be Ground Zero for the next DEFRA and HPA investigation.

Nope, and I think you mean wolves, not dogs. The guy who got the ball rolling with that myth all those years ago has now stated it was bullshit and based on wolves in an unnatural habitat and not exhibiting those behaviours people read into so much. So yeah....

So your contention is that dogs do not have competitive pack instincts, and they do not test their positions within their family units due to those competitive instincts.

Oh alright. Let's not mention the other 4,212 diseases and parasitic infestations either then.

Such as?

The only two common things to worry about with raw feeding are trichinosis from pork, which is no longer a risk in UK pork, and also north sea salmon (which she doesnt eat).

Please tell me about all these diseases and parasites you know about though after your research which is obviously more extensive than the months I've done so far.

Maybe we need a new sticky story. Dogs are lovable scavengers. Their evolution has made them dependent on humans to provide food. This concept of humans as feeders, rather than as “leaders of the pack” forms the foundation for a logical, reward-based approach to dog-training. And since even wolves organize themselves into family units, we can aspire not to be dominant pack leaders, but good “parents” instead, that is, excellent care-takers and teachers of our dependent dogs.

Let's face it, who doesn't do this? People spoil the holy shit out of their dogs, including me. There is a 90% chance I will go home and rub their bellies within 5 minutes of walking through the door.

Now I miss my dogs.

Let's face it, who doesn't do this? People spoil the holy shit out of their dogs, including me. There is a 90% chance I will go home and rub their bellies within 5 minutes of walking through the door.

Now I miss my dogs.

I spoil Kes sometimes, sometimes I don't, it depends on the scenario. She certainly can't get me to do whatever she wants and she doesn't get to do what she wants either, otherwise I'd have a nightmare on my hands.

Kathy Sdao:
As an associate Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist (CAAB), Kathy Sdao is uniquely qualified to work with dog training and behavior problems. Unlike "dog trainer," "dog psychologist," or "behaviorist," titles that anyone can give themselves, a CAAB is a certified professional with a graduate degree in an animal behavior field.

For the past 25 years, Kathy has earned her living as a full-time animal trainer, first with marine mammals and now with dogs and their people. As a graduate student at the University of Hawaii in the 1980's, Kathy Sdao was part of a team that trained dolphins to solve complex cognitive puzzles. These dolphin “mind games” were part of intensive research into how animals think and process language. After receiving a master's degree in experimental psychology, she was hired by the U.S. Navy to train dolphins for defense-related open-ocean tasks.

She has been honored to be on the faculty of Karen Pryor’s ClickerExpos since 2003. She also has trained animal actors, written for The Clicker Journal and the APDT Newsletter, served as a subject-matter expert for the Delta Society's Service Dog Education System, conducted rat-training camp for Terry Ryan's DogSense, instructed at Dogs of Course’s Instructor Training Course

Vs:

Cesar Millan:

Cesar Millan, (born César Millán Favela; August 27, 1969) is a Mexican-born American dog trainer.[2] A self-taught expert, he is widely known for his television series

...I know who I trust :lol: One spouts unscientific rubbish, the other doesn't. Guess which?

Last edited:
I never spoil my dogs, treat them like toys, or do anything that might lead them to believe they are human or otherwise here for my amusement. Especially not my little beagle jack mix.

182O6.jpg

hK9x9.jpg