GAY Petition to move the Olympics to Vancouver

You don't leave your compound. How would you know what Baltimore is like?

Not just Baltimore either. You should see what it is like in the area I live in. Crazy kind of racism going on there. Some areas of the US aren't bad and there are lot of non-racist people in the US, but there are still a lot who are. Hell I was told I shouldn't "breed" with Luis and they were dead serious.

As for the Olympics I am torn. I want all athletes to be able to compete, but I want them safe as well. That matters to me the most out of all this mess.

I am ok with the IOC's stance about banning political statements, but the fact that if a competator gets hurt in competition, his or her spouse of the same sex cannot visit them in the hospital. Matter of fact, the wounded might be incarcerated instead of being treated if their spouse even shows up. In celebration to a medal finish, a spouse cannot caress or kiss each other because that is against the law. The Gay Village of the London Olypmics would be outlawed, raided and arrests made.

There are a lot of things that could go wrong with this and it's a cowardly move of the IOC to just completely throw it under the rug. I can understand their stance about banning political stands by athletes, but they need to push back at the host city/country to make sure all athletes, if they are following the IOC rules, are safe from harm. Military/state-sponsered militias that round up gays for a beating is not protection.