Pet peeves

k, Ill go grab the shotgun after work and have a little kitty blood bath since it is the better thing to do then give them a chance at life. April you gonna come? it is the better thing to do so you should be down like charlie brown

A shotgun is not an acceptable or even legal method of euthanization. I assume you are going for shock value here but that's really not cool. There is a big difference between humane euthanization and what you are describing.

The fact is, a stray or feral cat on the street has an expected lifespan of 2 years. Those 2 years will be likely miserable and disease/flea/abuse ridden. During those 2 years a cat can have several litters, all likely to have the same fate. Abandoning an animal like your roommate did is also illegal, many states consider that animal cruelty. That is why there are shelters and pounds. Sadly a lot of these are kill shelters but that is preferable to abandonment.

Your thinking of -give them a fighthing chance to make it on their own- only perpetuates and exponentially increases the problem.

Well you see there is this thing called a vet, and you take the cat there and they either chop it's nuts off or take it's uterus out. And we call that fixed. :fly:

So your telling me the cat jumped into his dumpster on wheels, rolled on down to the vet and with his opposable thumbs filled out the paper work and paid the vet to chop its nuts off. Smart fucking cat :fly:

So your telling me the cat jumped into his dumpster on wheels, rolled on down to the vet and with his opposable thumbs filled out the paper work and paid the vet to chop its nuts off. Smart fucking cat :fly:

I think they are asking if your roommate got the cat fixed in addition to its immunizations. C'mon man, now you are just being difficult :p

A shotgun is not an acceptable or even legal method of euthanization. I assume you are going for shock value here but that's really not cool. There is a big difference between humane euthanization and what you are describing.

The fact is, a stray or feral cat on the street has an expected lifespan of 2 years. Those 2 years will be likely miserable and disease/flea/abuse ridden. During those 2 years a cat can have several litters, all likely to have the same fate. Abandoning an animal like your roommate did is also illegal, many states consider that animal cruelty. That is why there are shelters and pounds. Sadly a lot of these are kill shelters but that is preferable to abandonment.

Your thinking of -give them a fighthing chance to make it on their own- only perpetuates and exponentially increases the problem.

No matter what you guys say there is no way to convince me that it is better to just kill the fucking animal instead of giving it a good year of life. It is actually sick that the first thing that comes out of your guys mouth is "oh just put it down". If you guys care so much why are you so quick to kill? its life will be better dead? haha, ok ;) Ask the cat next time.

Oh and seriously, of course I would never go shoot a cat with a shotty, I love cats. You guys are offering the same ending as that though and thats why I said it.

No matter what you guys say there is no way to convince me that it is better to just kill the fucking animal instead of giving it a good year of life. It is actually sick that the first thing that comes out of your guys mouth is "oh just put it down". If you guys care so much why are you so quick to kill? its life will be better dead? haha, ok ;) Ask the cat next time.

I'm pretty sure the first thing out of everyone's mouth was find it a home. Even badly behaved strays can be housetrained if the owners are patient enough. While there are exceptions there are also ways to get the animal socialized into a home mentality.

Euthanization is a last resort.

I dont recall anyone saying that the animal should be put down, just that there are better alternatives than just to abandon it.

I dont recall anyone saying that the animal should be put down, just that there are better alternatives than just to abandon it.

I would read the thread then.

Question - Would you take a cat that is going to piss all over your house, have mood swings and bite you or your family?

You guys act like there were so many more options for this amazingly house trained show cat. It was a stray cat. It would have been put down immediately if put into a shelter, period. As I just answered with that question above, NOBODY would take it.

I'm pretty sure the first thing out of everyone's mouth was find it a home. Even badly behaved strays can be housetrained if the owners are patient enough. While there are exceptions there are also ways to get the animal socialized into a home mentality.

Euthanization is a last resort.

So you would have no problem taking in a stray cat? I will pick one up after work and send it your way, anyone else? there will be 49+ more!

I have 2 cats that would have gone to shelters and probabaly put down (liek thousands of other cats) if I hadn't taken them. 2 beautiful cats, but they are older male cats. People want kittens usually when they go to a shelter.

Stray cats produce more stray cats, cats that fight, get more cats preggers, starve, and become badly injured and suffer to death. They contract diseases and give them to other animlas. They bite/scratch children and make them sick. 50 cats is a lot of cats .. think of all their waste and where it is .. and then of health risks to humans in the immediate area breathing it.

Euthanizing is a compassionate way to end the suffering of not only the animal but also the extremely aggravated stray population that is ever increasing daily.

You cant keep them all .. no one can afford to feed/house them.

If people would get their pets fixed in the first place and quit being cheap asses .. there wouldnt' be such a problem.

Last edited:
I did read the fucking thread.
Why dont you go back and read it and quote where I said that guy should euthanize that cat?

Settle down there cowboy!!!!;)

You said and I quote...

"I dont recall anyone saying that the animal should be put down,"

People did say that as an option, which is why I told you to reread it, not because you said it :eek:

I have 2 cats that would have gone to shelters and probabaly put down (liek thousands of other cats) if I hadn't taken them. 2 beautiful cats, but they are older male cats. People want kittens usually when they go to a shelter.

Stray cats produce more stray cats, cats that fight, get more cats preggers, starve, and become badly injured and suffer to death. They contract diseases and give them to other animlas. They bite/scratch children and make them sick. 50 cats is a lot of cats .. think of all their waste and where it is .. and then of health risks to humans in the immediate area breathing it.

Euthanizing is a compassionate way to end the suffering of not only the animal but also the extremely aggravated stray population that is ever increasing daily.

You cant keep them all .. no one can afford to feed/house them.

If people would get their pets fixed in the first place and quit being cheap asses .. there wouldnt' be such a problem.

Well this whole thread you guys have compared these cats to humans and how wrong it would be to toss a child into the wild.

Does this mean we should go to these third world countries and "humanly" wipe out these kids? No because that would be cruel. Please support both sides if you are going to argue it one way.

So you would have no problem taking in a stray cat? I will pick one up after work and send it your way, anyone else? there will be 49+ more!

Ask Eileenbunny about how willing I am to take in strays until we find them a home. Stop attacking people, I'm just arguing my point of view.

One unspayed female cat and her mate, and all their offspring, producing 2 litters per year, with only 2.8 surviving kittens per litter can total:

in 1 year: 12 cats
in 2 years: 67 cats
in 3 years: 367 cats
in 4 years: 2,107 cats
in 5 years: 11,801 cats
in 6 years: 66,088 cats
in 7 years: 370,092 cats
in 8 years: 2,072,514 cats
in 9 years: 11,606,077 cats

Why Are There So Many Unwanted Animals?

Over 70,000 puppies and kittens are born in the United States every day. There are simply not enough people to take care of them. Over 10 million dogs and cats in the United States are put to death (euthanized) each year in animal shelters because no one wants them. The vast majority of animals being destroyed are young, attractive, healthy, friendly, and playful. Some appear to be purebred. No figures exist for the number of animals who die each year due to abandonment, neglect, abuse, starvation, or cruelty because they are unwanted.

So .. do you think there wil be homes for that many cats if no one gets them fixed? So what should we do with all these cats? This is all from 2 cats .. imagine a million cats reproducing at this rate .. imagine just 10 cats.

Sometimes putting them down is the only logical choice. Not all cats are re-homable. But you can't just let them run around creating more cats. The world would be overflowing with them.

Feral cats can be dangerous. Feral meaning wild, untouched/tamed by humans.

Ask Eileenbunny about how willing I am to take in strays until we find them a home. Stop attacking people, I'm just arguing my point of view.

Attacking?

I am the one getting attacked, lol

You guys dont agree with what my friend did, I do agree with it. I would much rather give something the chance at life then to just take it away. It is not my right nor is it yours in my opinion to just go kill stray cats.

It is just my opinion and I see your guys points, but I just dont see eye to eye with you guys. It shouldnt make you mad.

Well this whole thread you guys have compared these cats to humans and how wrong it would be to toss a child into the wild.

Does this mean we should go to these third world countries and "humanly" wipe out these kids? No because that would be cruel. Please support both sides if you are going to argue it one way.

I think they should have mandatory birth control in 3rd world countries. Since they can't stop having aids babies and then wanting us to take care of them.

So .. do you think there wil be homes for that many cats if no one gets them fixed? So what should we do with all these cats? This is all from 2 cats .. imagine a million cats reproducing at this rate .. imagine just 10 cats.

Sometimes putting them down is the only logical choice. Not all cats are re-homable. But you can't just let them run around creating more cats. The world would be overflowing with them.

Feral cats can be dangerous. Feral meaning wild, untouched/tamed by humans.

I was being a smart ass earlier but YES most of those stray cats are fixed. I actually had to think about it but I know ryan brought a bunch in when petsmart did some special thing with one of the local vets. It was suppose to be for customers cats but he did it for a bunch of the strays too.