Pet food recall

My cat has to eat special food that we have to get a Rx for, lol. Since my parents currently have my cat I will have to ask them if they are still using the Rx stuff or not.

My cat eats IAMS... and I had recently switched to the pouch food for her daily treat. I have been a basket case watching her and checking on her to make sure all is well. I still can not figure out if the batch I got her is part of the recall or not...so I am just dumping it.

My cat eats IAMS... and I had recently switched to the pouch food for her daily treat. I have been a basket case watching her and checking on her to make sure all is well. I still can not figure out if the batch I got her is part of the recall or not...so I am just dumping it.

Better safe than sorry. It would suck to have a sick cat since they can't tell us where it hurts. :(

Luckily I'm cheap and only buy dry dog food.

My mother in law was also telling me that they have linked salimanila (sp?) to dog treats and to handle them carefully and not let kids handle them at all. She didn't have any more info then that though, so I'll post more when I find out whats up.

Just goes to show you that most of the cat and dog food comes from the same supplier and/or packer. So save some dinero and buy the cheap stuff.
Fortunately my mom's cats eat Friskies and Whiskas, most of it not with a gravy, which appears to be the problem kind right now.

There are some minor differences between some of the labels, both expensive and the cheapie. Iams for instance does not put the amount of ash in their pet food, but puts the amount of magnesium (both of which are real important to my mom, as she has 3 older cats, one with Feline Urinary Tract/Kidney problems). Yet some of the cheaper brands clearly list these important items on them.

What really needs to happen is to make a clear Nutritional Facts/Ingredients label for pets foods, just like human food has. Make it easy to understand what the nutritional requirements are for cats and dogs, and what the food is providing.

Exactly, but they are all made in the same places.

They kinda do that already. It's mainly up to us (as the owner) to talk with our vets and get a list of what our animals need, then match it up to what is on the bag.

Pets are quite as understood or explained as we are, so we have to go out of our way and do the homework.

Luckily I'm cheap and only buy dry dog food.

My mother in law was also telling me that they have linked salimanila (sp?) to dog treats and to handle them carefully and not let kids handle them at all. She didn't have any more info then that though, so I'll post more when I find out whats up.

That's not true because Clevelanders have been eaten dog biscuits for ages and nothing is wrong with them.

They made us do that one year at school. We had this one week where we dressed up in a different goofy outfit everyday .. and we had this gauntlet(sp) contest in the gym at the end of the week (think nickelodeon style stuff).

The last part was to crawl through a tunnel/tube and at the end was a plate of dog biscuit. To complete the obsticle course you had to eat a dog biscuit. I don't think I've ever seen so many people barf at one time in my life :lol:.

I use Eukanuba for one of my cats, but fortunately the numbers did not match on my cans. I need to look for something different for him now.

Only wet foods are effected.

I was surprised to see one of the Science Diet catfoods on the list... that's all we feed our cat (dry science diet), because we get it for free.

Since we now know all those brands are exactly the same food from the same factory, I wonder what the price differences in all of them are. :p