Perks of the job...

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,361
I'm currently working with chronic pain doctors at a hospital and there's quite a few added perks. You can get free medical advice whenever you like. My shoulder has been hurting for a few months now (suspected RSI) and so today a doctor came back with some cortisone and just injected it while I was at my desk, then gave me a bunch of awesome pain killers to dull the pain if needed. I find it reassuring that if I suddenly keel over and almost die, I'm probably in the best place for it.

Any good perks to your job?

I work for the canuck gov't, so I'm not allowed perks, unless a pension plan is a perk....

i work for an architecture firm. there are a couple perks. my sister had a roof leak (she works here too). one of the builders we work with sent over his roof guy to diagnose and fix the problem.

there's also the general knowledge gleaned about the real estate market and construction techniques. very handy if I ever find myself in the market for or owning a house.

my hours are kind of flexible. we get free lunch about one day a week. my business cards look cool. the coffee machine is a miele :drool:

I cant drink the coffee here.
They brew folgers or some crap, and its in a coffee pot that looks like it hasnt been cleaned in 10 years.
I just make coffee at home and drink it before I come in.

Fuck you guys.

I have grey walls, grey carpet, a grey cubicle. It's a fucking challenge staying awake.

I work with a bunch of people that are as sophomoric as I am and I can take half-days off work without using PTO.

Power Take Off?

TractorPTOplugInMay04.jpg

It's like working in a college frat house, minus the liquor and naked chicks.

That is the benefit of working in a room where nobody can hear you from the outside...