People Who Have Been Working at the Same Company for Years

I'm closing in on three years with my current company and they've treated me extremely well. This is the longest I've held any one job and it's especially strange because it's also the longest I've gone only having one job at a time.

The shortest I held a job was for half a day selling meat door to door in Sarasota. :fly:

BadMojo said:
I taught for several years. After the 2nd year I was bored out of my mind and decided to go back to school. I ended up teaching for 4 years. When I left teaching, I had to do an internship to complete my master's. That company hired me on and on Aug 1 I started my 6th year with the company. My job changes a lot depending on what the Army training needs are and that has kept me interested.
What do you teach?

I've been at my current job and loving it for 2 1/2 years. I don't plan on changing any time soon. :fly:

Prior to my current position, the longest I was at a job was almost 2 years, and the job I was at sucked, the only good thing about it was that I met Knyte there.

ERage said:
Speak for yourself, I'd pay to see that. It'd be a great opener for the donkey show.

Does any one know if there are any donkey shows anywhere at these stops?

CARIB_CAE_MIA_61804AF_lg.gif

April23 said:
The traveling piece would be pretty fun, imo. But then, not to get mushy I would miss fly too much.

I've been here 6 fucking years. I sometimes HATE it and sometimes I love it. Every time I think I'm going to leave I weigh the good and the bad:

Can I work from home if necessary?
Do I have to dress up everyday?
Can I take vacation when I want?
Do I have decision making abilities which actually GO somewhere?
Is office politics a problem?

I worked for Corporate America and absolutly LOVED it. The travel was great - when I was 21. Now it would be a burden and I too would miss Shawn to much. Also, I hated having to wear pantyhose and closed-toed shoes. I literally can come into work in my PJs now and no one would care because we don't see customers. I don't, but I could.

Ape - whenever I feel like I need a challenge I start a new project. In your case go to a superior and ask for a side project to break up your daily duties - all they can do is say "no" but it looks good to the bosses and may even get you promoted again! :heart:

April23 said:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT?

I've been here a year on the 29th, the longest I've ever stayed at one job. I'm so freaking bored/ansy. How do you keep your interest in the same company?

I've had one "promotion" into another field within the company, yet I'm already bored with it.

I would hate to keep job jumping, but the same day in day out crap must get to all of us.
I've been working here for 6 1/2 years, and I know what you're saying.

I'm so freakin bored my mind is numb.

So I post on internet forums all day.

Candy said:
I've been here 6 fucking years. I sometimes HATE it and sometimes I love it. Every time I think I'm going to leave I weigh the good and the bad:

Can I work from home if necessary?
Do I have to dress up everyday?
Can I take vacation when I want?
Do I have decision making abilities which actually GO somewhere?
Is office politics a problem?

I worked for Corporate America and absolutly LOVED it. The travel was great - when I was 21. Now it would be a burden and I too would miss Shawn to much. Also, I hated having to wear pantyhose and closed-toed shoes. I literally can come into work in my PJs now and no one would care because we don't see customers. I don't, but I could.

Ape - whenever I feel like I need a challenge I start a new project. In your case go to a superior and ask for a side project to break up your daily duties - all they can do is say "no" but it looks good to the bosses and may even get you promoted again! :heart:

You have a lot of great qualities about your job. Office politics are a huge problem here, micro-managing is also a big thing so we're not allowed to make decisions, have to dress up and can't work from home. (Well I can, but they would never go for that)

I'm so jealous of you. :p :cool:

I could try to take on a new project like you say. :)

Coqui said:
I plan on being at the company I'm at till I retire.
I probably will too. At least when the senior partners here retire (which should be in the next 5 years) this place will be more repectable and efficient. I'll have a good chance at turning it into a more professional practice.

zengirl said:
I probably will too. At least when the senior partners here retire (which should be in the next 5 years) this place will be more repectable and efficient. I'll have a good chance at turning it into a more professional practice.

My job isn't too bad, and the benefits here outweigh salary stuff. Basically I'd have to be offered double my salary to leave the company (at least)

i'm finishing up year four going on year five....and i've just realized that being four years at one job when your twenty two is entirely too long.

i've been able to stick with it because the job itself has changed so much. i've gone from tech, to admin, to assistant manager, to temporary manager, to outside sales at a brand new location in a brand new building. i hate the job and i hate the company but very often i end up getting paid to do fuck all, so i can't really complain about that. like right now.