Food People should really watch Food Inc and Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

I'm talking about the salinization of farm lands due to mono cropping and top soil abuse. Nothing can grow on salted earth, and AUS has lost a TON of it.

edit: I didn't read this whole article, but this should give you an idea what I'm talking about
http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/salinity/default.htm

This is not as big of a problem as drought. Good top soil wont mean a thing is it will not rain.

Agreed, however this is a problem mostly because its unfixable. A drought could end at any time.

The droughts are only going to get worse.

It is fixable, but only a grand scale. That land can be built upon for greenhouses. Unfortunately a massive amount of resources are needed.

I just believe that those scientists don't know shit. It could be true, or this place could turn into a giant snowball. We have no fucking idea.

Who are "those scientists"?? The ones who created fake climate data?

Or are you talking about all the scientists that believe in global warming? Because that's a few thousand scientists dude..

How old is the earth? 4.5 billion years? How may times has the climate changed during that time? Millions? 100 years worth of records is a laughable basis upon which to make such an assertive claim as global warming.

How many year have pollution been added to the atmosphere.

look. There are shit ton of scientists from all over the world who believe in global warming. I have yet to see something to debunk all of them.

How old is the earth? 4.5 billion years? How may times has the climate changed during that time? Millions? 100 years worth of records is a laughable basis upon which to make such an assertive claim as global warming.

You may have my left Fallopian tube for this comment. :heart:

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Global warming is a joke. I don't care what 1000s of scientists say, they cannot possibly know what they are claiming for sure.

It takes one idea with bad data for scientists to work with to spiral out of control into the mess that global warming is today.

I understand the fear of global warming, and the desire to clean up the planet "before it's too late." We don't even know what our chemicals are doing to us, let alone the entire world. The fact is, however, that interpreting 100 or 200 years worth of written observation is like trying to predict how a day's weather will turn out based on one millionth of a second. You can attempt to draw parallels, but I think the earth is far more resilient than we realize. A more pressing concern should be the over fishing of the oceans and the saturating of our food products with corn syrup and industrial sweeteners like aspartame.