People can be such hippocrites...

ChikkenNoodul said:
You know what I mean, the federal government

The feds stay out of local school matters, at least they did till the "less government is good government" republicans stepped in.

Sarcasmo said:
Being an American has nothing whatsoever to do with this argument. That concept exceeds and transcends children being able to wear the clothes of their choice to school, so don't even bring that into this trivial situation. But for the record, being an American has NEVER meant being able to do whatever you want. It's funny but disgusting how people seek to use that cliche to justify their own sense of entitlement these days. Younger generations have little clue about anything anymore.

Forced anything should be abhorrent to me? We live in a society of "forced things". Think about it. Laws, behavior, job responsibilities, utility rates, everything. Do you live in a shack out in the country away from oppressive society? I doubt it. And yet you give a fuck about kids you don't even know wearing uniforms to school?
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chances are I'm older than you

Sense of entitlement? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That refers to the welfare leeches and people looking for forced equality, not to me there buddy.

And yes, the founding fathers started this country so THEY could do what they wanted without being told they couldn't.

Exactly, things are forced on us that should not be. Most laws have no just purpose. But some of what you mention is not forced, job responsibilities are a choice - those aren't forced, you can avoid utility rates - that's a choice too, behavior - as long as you're not harming someone else - that's not 'forced' per se.

And yes, I do own a 3,200 square foot 'shack' in the country, away from oppressive society.

ChikkenNoodul said:
But they're resposible for that disgusting orange cheese :barf:

hmmm, don't know if I've ever had a disgusting cheese.

ChikkenNoodul said:
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chances are I'm older than you

Sense of entitlement? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That refers to the welfare leeches and people looking for forced equality, not to me there buddy.

And yes, the founding fathers started this country so THEY could do what they wanted without being told they couldn't.

Exactly, things are forced on us that should not be. Most laws have no just purpose. But some of what you mention is not forced, job responsibilities are a choice - those aren't forced, you can avoid utility rates - that's a choice too, behavior - as long as you're not harming someone else - that's not 'forced' per se.

And yes, I do own a 3,200 square foot 'shack' in the country, away from oppressive society.

The things I mentioned are forced in the same way that a school requiring school uniforms would be forced. Your pointing that out proves you understand my point. If you don't like the uniforms, find another school. There's nothing forced about it.

And the founding fathers didn't establish our country in order to do whatever they wanted. That's breaking it down to an entirely too simple degree and missing the point entirely. It was a lot more complicated and philosophical than merely wanting to be able to pee on someone without going to jail. (Though I admit I don't know if it WAS illegal to pee on someone in England at the time.)

And I've got you beat at 4,800 square feet, so my penis is still bigger. :D

Last edited:
Just throw them into thunderdome!

Two shall enter, one may leave!

Every school should have a thunderdome out back and the teachers should be ex American Gladitors.

Sarcasmo said:
The things I mentioned are forced in the same way that a school requiring school uniforms would be forced. Your pointing that out proves you understand my point. If you don't like the uniforms, find another school. There's nothing forced about it.

And the founding fathers didn't establish our country in order to do whatever they wanted. That's breaking it down to an entirely too simple degree and missing the point entirely. It was a lot more complicated and philosophical than merely wanting to be able to pee on someone without going to jail. (Though I admit I don't know if it WAS illegal to pee on someone in England at the time.)

Yes, but if ALL PUBLIC schools have uniforms, then that is forced. Because unless you are rich or have free time, public school is where the kids go.

You know what I mean, I can't write enough to describe what it means, I'm much too lazy. But you know as well as I they certainly didn't mean for the shit we have today. And peeing on someone (unless they asked you too) is generally considered harmful :p

Oh, but do you have 100 acres of land with a private pond? ;)

Sarcasmo said:

I thought you were still in school?

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh, but do you have 100 acres of land with a private pond? ;)

If by "100 acres of land with a private pond" you mean "a 30-foot strip of Bermuda grass with a birdbath", then yes, yes I do.

Sarcasmo said:
Speak for yourself. Many kids actually attend school to learn something, and many take things other than socialization skills with them when they graduate. Public school may have been a joke to you, but to them it's serious business (much like the internet) and their grades are key to getting into the universities they want.

And quite frankly, if some asshat or a collection of asshats disrupt the learning experience they should be removed from the equation. Schools are, after all, places of learning by definition. Uniforms don't equate them to military institutions, and survey after survey after survey of kids who wear uniforms to school show they actually prefer them and that they relieve stress and enable them to focus on what matters.

And I happen to have gone to public school, so I can't comment on whether homeschooling works.

Schools arn't about learning from definition. School is about character building, etc... High school should make unique people, not little clones that all act and dress the same.

The way we dress and act during high school defines more of our lives than what we actually learn. 1/2 the stuff you learn in HS doesn't apply to college or real life. Math, etc... is retaught and changed as soon as you enter college.

But how you interacted, etc... in HS defines you for life.