People can be such hippocrites...

Sarcasmo said:
And that's fine. I'd rather pay for the uniforms. Kids should wear them. I don't care if they're overweight. That's not my problem. My problem is idiot kids who feel the need to self-express and disrupt the reason people go to school in the first place. Make everyone wear the exact same thing and nip the problem in the bud. Trust me, it works. Schools all over the world do this already and have forever, and it's only a matter of time before U.S. schools follow suit.
YOU can, I'll expect a check from you in the mail when that does happen though.

I don't really fucking care if it works, it's not a military institution kids should wear whatever the fuck they want, it's not like you really learn anything valuable other than socialization in public schools anyway. Public school is a joke. If you really wanted smart kids, you'd homeschool them.

ChikkenNoodul said:

I don't really fucking care if it works, it's not a military institution kids should wear whatever the fuck they want, it's not like you really learn anything valuable other than socialization in public schools anyway. Public school is a joke. If you really wanted smart kids, you'd homeschool them.

I turned out pretty good and I was a public school kid.

I agree, though, that uniforms are not the answer. Goes against everything it means to be American.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Public school was contrived as a means to keep kids out of the workforce longer

What purpose would that serve?

Do you ever believe in the kindness and forethought of others?

ChikkenNoodul said:

Speak for yourself. Many kids actually attend school to learn something, and many take things other than socialization skills with them when they graduate. Public school may have been a joke to you, but to them it's serious business (much like the internet) and their grades are key to getting into the universities they want.

And quite frankly, if some asshat or a collection of asshats disrupt the learning experience they should be removed from the equation. Schools are, after all, places of learning by definition. Uniforms don't equate them to military institutions, and survey after survey after survey of kids who wear uniforms to school show they actually prefer them and that they relieve stress and enable them to focus on what matters.

And I happen to have gone to public school, so I can't comment on whether homeschooling works.

smileynev said:
What purpose would that serve?

So that the workforce wasn't clogged with people

And it's getting worse, in NH it's getting REAL tough to get a job that doesn't require you to be 18 or older that's not your family business

Do you ever believe in the kindness and forethought of others?

"Good intentions" and "kindness" usually result in someone getting royally screwed. I'd much prefer for EVERYONE to stay the fuck out of everyone else's lives

Sarcasmo said:
Speak for yourself. Many kids actually attend school to learn something, and many take things other than socialization skills with them when they graduate. Public school may have been a joke to you, but to them it's serious business (much like the internet) and their grades are key to getting into the universities they want.

And quite frankly, if some asshat or a collection of asshats disrupt the learning experience they should be removed from the equation. Schools are, after all, places of learning by definition. Uniforms don't equate them to military institutions, and survey after survey after survey of kids who wear uniforms to school show they actually prefer them and that they relieve stress and enable them to focus on what matters.

And I happen to have gone to public school, so I can't comment on whether homeschooling works.
I am speaking for myself, if I had been required to wear a uniform, I would've been OUT in a second.

No I wasn't a 'goth' or anything like that, in fact I was one of the nicest dressed kids in school, forced anything is abhorrent to me and it should be to you as an American. If not, then perhaps your ideals are more closely situated with those of the Chinese.

And some kid wearing makeup isn't disrupting anything, who fucking cares if he wants to look like a retard? I sure as hell don't have time to worry about what the fuck other people do with their lives

ChikkenNoodul said:
So that the workforce wasn't clogged with people
thats kind of what I figured.
"Good intentions" and "kindness" usually result in someone getting royally screwed. I'd much prefer for EVERYONE to stay the fuck out of everyone else's lives

And I would much prefer a society where certain things are the responsibility of the entire community, like education.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I am speaking for myself, if I had been required to wear a uniform, I would've been OUT in a second.

No I wasn't a 'goth' or anything like that, in fact I was one of the nicest dressed kids in school, forced anything is abhorrent to me and it should be to you as an American. If not, then perhaps your ideals are more closely situated with those of the Chinese.

And some kid wearing makeup isn't disrupting anything, who fucking cares if he wants to look like a retard? I sure as hell don't have time to worry about what the fuck other people do with their lives

He's not the disruption so much as the other kids beating the crap out of him for looking like a buffy reject.

smileynev said:
He's not the disruption so much as the other kids beating the crap out of him for looking like a buffy reject.
Then he should be do what kids used to do in those situations, stop looking like a buffy reject.

:lol:

No...

If the kids are beating the piss out of him on school property, then they should have their nuts kicked in by the principal

ChikkenNoodul said:
Then it should be left to the community, not the government

the community is the governmet. Or rather it should be.

ChikkenNoodul said:

Being an American has nothing whatsoever to do with this argument. That concept exceeds and transcends children being able to wear the clothes of their choice to school, so don't even bring that into this trivial situation. But for the record, being an American has NEVER meant being able to do whatever you want. It's funny but disgusting how people seek to use that cliche to justify their own sense of entitlement these days. Younger generations have little clue about anything anymore.

Forced anything should be abhorrent to me? We live in a society of "forced things". Think about it. Laws, behavior, job responsibilities, utility rates, everything. Do you live in a shack out in the country away from oppressive society? I doubt it. And yet you give a fuck about kids you don't even know wearing uniforms to school?