PDA

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
my cousin is looking for a decent pda. he doesnt want to spend an exorbitant amount of money. i think he mentioned ~300 bucks. you guys have any recommendations?

theacoustician said:
What is he trying to do with it? I know few people that see the need for PDA's anymore.

i agree, he's willing to spend the money though. he has a couple of research libraries that he wants to have available when not around a pc. he's an electrician, he wanted something to keep records when at a job site also.

thrawn said:
i agree, he's willing to spend the money though. he has a couple of research libraries that he wants to have available when not around a pc. he's an electrician, he wanted something to keep records when at a job site also.
Hmm, sounds like he's going to need a ruggedized version then. You aren't getting that for $300. Best he could do is find the best PDA he can for $200 on ebay, then spend $100 for a ruggedized casing. Otherwise, the thing wouldn't last 2 weeks.

theacoustician said:
Hmm, sounds like he's going to need a ruggedized version then. You aren't getting that for $300. Best he could do is find the best PDA he can for $200 on ebay, then spend $100 for a ruggedized casing. Otherwise, the thing wouldn't last 2 weeks.

it would be for when he's quoting jobs, not while actually working.

KNYTE said:
3 way?? :hi2u:

whisper: Good game on Karkand last night, your arty was most annoying to my world domination plans.

Sure :drool:

whisper: My connection just dropped out right when we had you on the ropes. Glad to know my plans weren't the only ones foiled by arty strikes ;)

thrawn said:
thats what i told him. i suppose i'll just try harder to convince him. thank you
If he won't listen, the you could at least try to get him to bite on a PDA/phone hybrid. More than $300, but at least its more useful than a $300 electronic PDF reader.