PC Gaming

But in reality, the TCO isn't that bad - only if you want all the bells and whistles. My PC is probably three years old, and will play just about everything out there afaik.
The games cost the same, a good video card upgrade is almost the same cost as a console. If you have to upgrade the mobo-proc-ram, its more. Its just silly and not worth the headache. Also, I refuse to use Vista. Maybe Windows7, but Vista can suck it.
Get a 360
netflix access alone makes it awesome

All consoles have it now http://www.themediamall.com/playon

I mean dont get me wrong, I own it and enjoyed it for a bit but it got old. I find that most people are just running around throwing nades while paying no attention to there team. Its more of a "everyone for themselves" kinda game unlike the CS style games where you work together to accomplish a mission. Maybe I just played on shitty servers, who knows.

Oh also when I installed it on my new computer none of my past weapons stayed with the game like it does with BF. That made me lose some interest too

It was the same for me. I like COD4 sabatoge, but unless is was a clan scrim, nobody tried to accomplish the objective.

I reinstalled Far Cry, and once I redownload all the map, I may sit in on my old clan's practice. IDK. Also, Left4Dead, Far Cry2 and Crysis

I mean dont get me wrong, I own it and enjoyed it for a bit but it got old. I find that most people are just running around throwing nades while paying no attention to there team. Its more of a "everyone for themselves" kinda game unlike the CS style games where you work together to accomplish a mission. Maybe I just played on shitty servers, who knows.

Oh also when I installed it on my new computer none of my past weapons stayed with the game like it does with BF. That made me lose some interest too

Yeah I understand what you are saying.. And that's the reason I stay away from server with more than 15 people.. I like it when it's about 4 or 5 people on each side. Then you can play tactical..

I've officially given up on PC gaming. I realized what the TCO was and it was retarded compared to a console. I'm currently still mulling between a 360 and PS3, but I have a Wii and it keeps me amused. Guitar Hero : World Tour is hilarious with a couple of friends and beers. Watch out for Spange though, he keeps trying to go A2A during songs :dont:

TCO?

I used to game on the PS2.. But after a few years I've gone completely to PC gaming.. Everything is better with PC's. Graphics, controls, etc.

I'm done with consoles until they bring out a console with a keyboard. But then, it'll be a PC..

The Dreamcast had a keyboard/mouse set up. It was sweet. Only way to game. For a FPS anyway.

Left4Dead is a pretty fun game. I haven't played vs mode yet.

blah.. that's technology..

I'd rather be able to update my shit and see the latest graphics and whatnot, than sit there with the same piece of crap hardware for years..

It wont be long until consoles are upgradable.

TCO?

I used to game on the PS2.. But after a few years I've gone completely to PC gaming.. Everything is better with PC's. Graphics, controls, etc.

I'm done with consoles until they bring out a console with a keyboard. But then, it'll be a PC..

Actually, I'd argue in favor of graphics on the PS3/360 being better. YMMV on a PC depending on what you have, but the experience on those two are always more consistent. The controls on a PC may be better, but I only think its better for FPS. Everything else, I prefer a controller.

There's also something to being able to lay out on the couch and play on a big screen as opposed to sitting at a desk and playing at a smaller monitor.

Some of the newer cards have HDMI output. You can easily plug them up to your television and play. Nothing beats the PC for gaming.

Heck, you can buy a 100 dollar ATI videocard that is better that the chip in either the 360 or PS3

Some of the newer cards have HDMI output. You can easily plug them up to your television and play. Nothing beats the PC for gaming.

Heck, you can buy a 100 dollar ATI videocard that is better that the chip in either the 360 or PS3

Sega did it as an afterthought. If consoles were modular, they could do it. I would imagine that the next big console will be somewhat upgradable

Sega CD was always planned, that's why there was the expansion port on the underside of the console. Actually if you look, modularity had been a part of just about every console up to the N64. My Collecovision had an expansion port for a Atari 2600 module. My Pioneer Laseractive laserdisc player had a expansion module for Sega Genesis and Turbo Grafx 16 (even played the Japanese MegaLD games!). Its a concept that never took off because its clunky, cumbersome, drives up cost, and makes it harder to develop for.

As for hooking up a PC to your TV ... yeah ... but using a keyboard and mouse on the couch is ghetto.

And Playon does more than just netflix too. Hulu, CBS, ESPN, etc.

It's pretty sweet.

I got F33nX set up with it the other day. She digs it.

how do you think he heard about it? ;)
it really does rock. amazing quality videos, works fairly well with a wireless setup.

i don't use my PC for games other than like my daily crossword. there's too much work (lab work, schoolwork, etc) tied up on here to make me wanna use it even more to try to play anything.