Passing time.....

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
What do you do to pass the time when you are waiting for something specific to happen. For example you are going on a trip in 2 hours so you obviously need to waste time.

I ask because there's absolutely nothing to do at work right now and I need to wait till 5:00 pm to leave for the day.

Posting in forums is the only option right now.

/shameless attempt to get people posting today

GREAT question......... I'm in the same boat as you today really. What I've decided to do is organize email, read email, post, and work on a little side project I've got.

Going to be a laaaaazy day today :)

BigDov said:
GREAT question......... I'm in the same boat as you today really. What I've decided to do is organize email, read email, post, and work on a little side project I've got.

I have something you could work on ... :shifty:

IM me

BigDov said:

I think I'm going to be cleaning and organizing my desk today

I don't usually have that problem, I've got tons of stuff to do at work. When I do though, I usually poast on the forums and talk on the phone. Sometimes I send email too, that seems to pass the time okay.

CletusJones said:
I don't usually have that problem, I've got tons of stuff to do at work. When I do though, I usually poast on the forums and talk on the phone. Sometimes I send email too, that seems to pass the time okay.

Well see my issue is that I fix computers. If computers aren't broken, I can't do anything.

Read. I usually have a book with me, and when I don't I have some e-books on my Palm. Keeps me busy and out of (too much) trouble.

April23 said:
Wack it then sleep.
1st.gif

Coqui said:
I've never done that before

:shifty:
LIES!

Every good tech has done that before. One month I did it so that I could bank some mileage. "i dunno what happened at that branch, but it'll take me about 90 minutes to drive there..."

CletusJones said:
LIES!

Every good tech has done that before. One month I did it so that I could bank some mileage. "i dunno what happened at that branch, but it'll take me about 90 minutes to drive there..."

You apparently missed the :shifty: so I'll re-iterate:

:shifty:

If at home I can always find something to do. Read, play on internet, home improvements, clean, family, etc.

Most of those are out becuase you're suppose to be working. Try Aracade forum or one of the many poker forums. Download some moives. Learn a new skill. Clean office. Etc.