Parents House Was Owned By Lightning Over The Weekend

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
No pics unfortunately because we couldn't find a visible point where it struck. It did however burn out one of their TVs, their cable modem (but not PC), my brother's xbox, the toaster, and a few other odds and ends. They had to have an electrician come and fix it at 3am and they supposedly had to take the master breaker APART in order to switch it back because it had been partially fused in the off position.

Sarcasmo's thread about weather control was right, the war has begun.

:shifty:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Happened to us at our NH house, it took out the phone line, the alarm system (hardwired, so it blew every contact in the system, the panel, AND the battery), my Cisco 2500, my cable modem, my router, my wife's PC's motherboard, my pc's ethernet port, the cieling fan in the living room, and an outlet in the basement.
It's sure to happen at your new home too.

Twice.

Thats why we have a twenty foot steel rod protruding from our roof.

theacoustician said:
I don't see why they wouldn't wait till morning to get the electrician out.
Good question. I would bet that it wasn't his parents action, but the power company. Perhaps it's a small town where customer service still exists.

On another note, I'd be willing to be that your parents are going to be more than happy to invest in a lightening rod to deflect it to the ground instead of your high-priced electrical equipment.

djduquet said:
Good question. I would bet that it wasn't his parents action, but the power company. Perhaps it's a small town where customer service still exists.

On another note, I'd be willing to be that your parents are going to be more than happy to invest in a lightening rod to deflect it to the ground instead of your high-priced electrical equipment.

They should have gone down to the radioshack and spent 5 bucks on a damn surge protector.